Maven is the largest virtual clinic for womens & family health with a mission to improve the health of the world-- one woman, one family at a time. Mavens unique care model enables employers & health plans to improve maternal health outcomes & lower costs, while empowering parents to grow their families while growing their careers. Its platform is global, includes personalized programs across fertility, maternity, & parenting/pediatrics, & offers 24/7 access to Mavens proprietary telemedicine network, the largest in womens health.
Founded in 2014 by CEO Katherine Ryder, Maven was recognized in 2020 as Fast Companys #1 Most Innovative Health Company. Maven has supported over 8 million women & families, & raised $92 million in funding from leading investors like Sequoia Capital, Oak HC/FT Partners, Icon Ventures, & individual strategic investors Reese Witherspoon, Mindy Kaling, Natalie Portman, & Anne Wojcicki.
Reporting to the Vice President, People, you will be responsible for the success of our employee engagement & team performance through people programs & manager support for 2021 & beyond. Maven is growing rapidly - aiming to double (again) this year - & empathetic, objective People leadership will be critical in creating an environment where everyone can do their best work & be their true selves. The ideal candidate for this position is a People leader who is adept at building candid relationships at all levels, a proven metrics-driven operator, & someone with a bias for action. You are a person who people at work & outside of work look to for sound advice, needed encouragement, & the honest truth. You know that a companys success is entirely dependent on its People strategy.
As the Senior Director, People, you will:
- Support 2-3 functional teams by delivering people programs (performance management, compensation review, manager training, employee workshops, engagement surveys) to your teams. You will be the right hand to your executives, a coach to your managers, & an objective, empathetic resource for the Mavens you support.
- Act on insights you gain from people data to drive engagement & performance on your teams & across Maven. Build processes that will help us work more efficiently with an eye towards operating at scale.
- Constantly iterate on people programs based on feedback from your teams & the rest of the company. Identify areas where we can build & deliver new company-wide programs, & lead program design.
- Build credibility through your actions & interactions with Mavens to become a trusted resource & great example to all.
- Mentor up-and-coming People leaders on our team by sharing your wisdom & leading by example in managing competing priorities, navigating complex people situations, & establishing trusted relationships with senior leaders.
- Partner with cross-functional teams (Finance, Recruiting, People Experience) to ensure clear lines of ownership, efficient processes, & a great experience for Mavens & candidates.
Were looking for you to bring:
- 8+ years of experience in HRBP, People leadership, or equivalent business operations roles.
- Strong influencing skills to quickly build credibility, establish rapport & engage in executive level partnerships.
- Excellent communication skills in all forms that exhibit your objectivity, empathy, patience, & diplomacy.
- An entrepreneurial drive, ability to create order from chaos, & willingness to roll up sleeves to directly solve challenging problems.
Helpful experiences & skills (if you dont have them, its not a dealbreaker!):
- Early stage startup experience (Series A-C)
- Experience in other parts of a business (outside of People)
- Deep experience in employment law/compliance
At Maven we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds & experiences enrich our teams & allow us to achieve above & beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application & how it can be additive to our teams.
Benefits & Perks:
Maven employees are united in their quest to improve the health & well-being of women & their families in our community. We seek to empower all of our team members to fulfill that mission & reach their full potential regardless of function, geography or experience level. Thats why we invest in our employees, who are our most important asset in achieving our mission. To that end, we offer:
- Choice of great medical, dental, & vision insurance plan options, including a plan for which the premium for employees is 100% covered by Maven
- 401(k) plan
- Unlimited paid time off
- Free One Medical membership
- Monthly stipend for your choice of wellness benefits
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- 12 weeks parental leave & 2 weeks flexible time upon return
- Annual professional development stipend
- Access to the Maven platform service & free Maven appointments for employees, family & friends
- Weekly team lunches & bagel breakfasts
- Bottomless office snacks & regular happy hours
- Annual company offsite
- 1 month paid sabbatical after 5 years
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.