At Indigo, our mission is: harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. We started down this path leveraging microbiology, but we have quickly expanded across the entire agriculture supply chain.
Indigo Carbon & the broader Terraton Initiative is the most explicit expression of our sustainability goals yet. Our goal is to remove 1 trillion tons of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere, sequester it in agricultural soils, & by doing that, improve the health of the soil, the profitability of farmers, the quality of our food, & the health of our planet. This goal is massive, & it will require a diverse team to make it happen. If youve been looking for a company that moves at the speed of Silicon Valley & is explicitly taking on climate change, wed love to hear from you.
There is not yet a carbon market in the world that is transacting the volume of carbon the world needs. There are carbon markets, & they are doing good work, but they have not hit the scale we all need them to. We aspire to meet that need. The hurdles we face are numerous, they are dynamic, & they arent easy. The Manager of Carbon Strategy will own large pieces of ambiguous projects. These projects will be both qualitative & quantitative. It will sometimes feel like whack-a-mole, where after each victory, we simply reveal the next hill to climb. But theyll be fascinating & inspiring, & always with a vision of the massive world impact we aspire to. Were looking for a future leader excited by tackling tough, inspiring problems.
The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, & So Paulo, Brazil.www.indigoag.com
- Contribute to key sections of a qualitative or quantitative project (content or financial) including research & unguided analysis
- Contribute to the operations & processes of key initiatives within the team
- Work cross-functionally to own the workstreams that support key decisions to inform partnerships
- Conduct deal margin analyses & structure a large, enterprise carbon deal including key sensitives
- Run the analysis on multiple key questions from a feasibility, competitive differentiation, & ROI perspective in order to help the strategic direction of the Carbon business evolve quickly in response to market inputs
- Work cross-functionally on projects with key milestones
- Excellent analytical capabilities, top tier financial modeling skills/experience, & insight development (data to insights)
- Strong communication & presentation skills to a wide range of audiences
- Strong PowerPoint & story-building skills
- Able to draft first versions of presentations to support strategic initiatives with high quality
- Self-starter & ability to work with little guidance
- Ability to learn quickly & adapt to requirements to complete projects
- Strong interest in Indigos mission & helping company to execute to achieve goals
- Strong desire to learn & to develop skill sets
- Willing to travel occasionally
- Able to manage ambiguity
- Takes ownership in work
- High organized & able to multitask
- 2-3 years of work experience in banking, private equity, consulting and/or strategy/business development
- Knowledge of options & trading is beneficial but not required
- Agriculture experience not necessary
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, & has opportunities to learn & grow. As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse & inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves & has an equal opportunity of succeeding.