As Procurement Senior Category Manager - Indirects you will join a fantastic strategic team at one of the fastest growing companies in Europe. You will tackle tough challenges & work with our suppliers around the world on value-creating solutions. The position is ideally based in Berlin.
As part of the international Indirect Procurement team, you will be responsible to define & manage the procurement categories strategy across HelloFresh international markets, in close collaboration with the local teams team. In this role you will manage your own category, including strategy definition, implementation, coordination & process tracking of improvement.
What youll do
- Build & implement the strategy of our Indirect Procurement categories
- Manage complex projects involving other departments & position yourself as expert interface in your category
- Vendor selection & leading supplier negotiations across categories
- Lead supplier development projects across markets
- Find & implement cost reduction opportunities by leveraging volumes & by improving processes in different countries
- Define & implement best-in-class practices within the country organizations around the world
- Maintain & improve business relationship with key suppliers, stakeholders & pears
- Establish & implement KPIs to help the procurement & purchasing functions to international markets
What youll bring
- Bachelor or Masters degree from top-tier college or university, preferable in business or supply chain management
- At least 5 years of global strategic leadership procurement, preferably in Indirect Procurement
- Significant experience in sourcing across multiple countries
- Strong leadership skills, experienced at setting stretching objectives & proactively managing performance that result in high-performing projects/teams
- Capable to thrive in flexible team structure around the world with a healthy degree of uncertainty
- Innate behavior or maximizing personal ROI & ROI of procurement function, questions priorities on a regular basis & chooses right balance between depth & speed in execution
- Comfortable in running complex projects, including creating new processes, SLAs & KPIs
- Excellent skills in finding creative & unconventional ways to rapidly solve a supply problem & in designing, communicating & executing an action path towards a solution
- Ability to articulate problems & process in concise & dense language
- Very good understanding of contract laws & forms of contracts
- Proven track record of successful complex negotiations with external partners
- An entrepreneurial mindset combined with the ability to take the initiative, work independently & drive implementation
- Sound quantitative & analytical skills
- Excellent command of the English language is a must. Additional languages (especially Spanish, Italian & Dutch) are a plus
- Willingness to travel internationally up to 25% of the time
What we offer
- Healthy discount on weekly HelloFresh boxes
- Annual learning & development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources plus access to the HelloFresh Academy
- Subsidised childcare with a professional nannying agency
- Free access to Headspace, biweekly in-house yoga classes (remote since March 2020)
- A diverse & vibrant international environment of 70+ different nationalities
- Additional perks include: Free crash course in German, compensation for advanced external German classes, discounts for our neighboring gym & Urban Sports Club, summer & winter parties, discount on our HelloFresh GO vending machines
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
HelloFresh is on a mission to change the way people eat, forever!
Since our 2011 founding in Europes vibrant tech hub, Berlin, weve become the world's leading meal kit provider, delivering to over 4.2 million households worldwide in 14 countries across 3 continents.
Our Operations teams are located throughout the markets we are active in. We are a diverse group with a common focus, getting the best products to our customers, with the widest choice & the most flexibility. We are industry leaders in Production, Supply Chain, Procurement, Food Safety, Automation, & Data Analytics. HelloFresh is expanding rapidly & we are always scouting for top professionals to be part of this exciting growth in both our existing markets & brand portfolio, but also in new geographies & new brands. Join us & play a vital role in getting the best ingredients to our customers!
Our more than 7,000 employees from over 70+ nationalities are the heart & soul of our diverse, fast-paced & dynamic environment where innovation & smart, fast action is encouraged.
We will encourage you to make an immediate impact in your area of work as well as empower you to grow your career with us.
You can get a taste of what we've been working on by checking out About HelloFresh.
Are you up for the challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations & earliest starting date.
We are HelloFresh
At HelloFresh we embrace & welcome diversity & we currently employ over 7,000 individuals globally who contribute to this. We employ individuals based on their ability to perform a job rather than on the basis of their: race, national origin, color, caste, social origin or position, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, political opinion, marital status or any other characteristic. We encourage everyone to apply & will give everyone equal consideration. We are an equal opportunity employer everyone is welcome at our table.