Do you enjoy planning & executing large & complex software projects? Do you have a knack for driving consensus among teams with conflicting priorities? Can you move seamlessly between discussions with senior level executives & front line engineers? We are looking for a talented Program Manager who is committed to delivering great products.
The Firefox Engineering team is seeking a Program manager who is an extraordinary leader who thrives in getting into the details & demonstrates their organizational skills to help create a high-performance team. We are looking for someone who has a thorough understanding of software development to collaborate closely with product, software engineering, design, research, QA, & other dependency teams to help prioritize, manage, & track deliverables. The position is very hands-on & will require a deep understanding of the product requirements in order to facilitate an efficient, innovative, & fulfilling product development process.
As a Firefox Engineering Program Manager at Mozilla, you will need to:
- Drive cross-functional initiatives that span development teams & in some cases product lines.
- Partner with Product & Engineering to facilitate the definition of project scope, goals, & deliverables.
- Detect, communicate, & track program risks & flag problems before they happen.
- Drive on-going process improvements to improve execution & efficiency of the teams within their domain area by pulling from standard methodologies or by inventing something new.
- Act as a conduit of information between engineering & other internal groups (both technical & non-technical) to ensure that decisions & status are understood.
- Identify projects or programs that are stuck & drive them forward.
- Negotiate & build consensus across a highly matrixed organization.
- 3+ years working in Project or Program Management.
- Solid experience with a variety of software development methodologies, including Agile.
- Full project lifecycle experience from project inception to go-to-market.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of Web standards (HTML, CSS, JS) & the technology that drives the Web.
- Sharp analytical & problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with a geographically distributed team.
- Must be comfortable communicating with executive management & cross-functional teams.
Other Useful Skills/Experience:
- Bachelor degree in CS or Engineering.
- Experience building consumer desktop & mobile products.
- Familiarity with systems such as Bugzilla, GitHub, & Mercurial or similar.
- Familiarity using an OKR framework to track progress.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open & free is better than closed & controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform & help create more opportunity & innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.