Here at Appian, were passionate about automation, speed, & efficiency; & the CIO department is a great place to apply these values! From Information Security, Business Technology, to Solution Engineering, joining Appian will provide you with the opportunity to lead technical strategy, execution & communication for all applications to support Appian employees, customers, & partners across the world. Join us, as we work collaboratively to grow Appian.
This position is responsible for the design, code, build, & support of security vulnerability architecture components for securing Appians Cloud & Corporate environments. This position is for you if you seek out building secure solutions in a dynamic team involving cloud computing technologies & multiple security frameworks. As such, we are looking for a person with a strong technical background & a desire to apply that expertise to decisions that have direct customer impact.
Appian is headquartered in the McLean, Virginia area, & we are supportive of both Remote & Hybrid work environments.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Build & code security tooling detections & technology into our existing corporate & customer infrastructures
- Enhance our security engineering infrastructure & systems that are continuously evaluating the threat-landscape for Appians operations & service offerings
- Work directly with technical teams (e.g. Engineering, Cloud, IT) to design, analyze, and/or recommend secure infrastructure & tooling
- Lead/contribute to major projects & initiatives that involve large security tool deployments or engineering efforts
- Create integrations using APIs to build a reporting, dashboarding, & alerting system for Vulnerability Management
- Contribute ideas to improve the security posture & detections in our security program
- Stay knowledgeable around the cutting edge of information security, threats, tools, & techniques
- 1+ years experience in coding with languages such as Java, Python, Ruby, Go, C, etc.
- 1+ years experience in SaaS, PaaS, IaaS and/or cloud infrastructure development environments (experience with Amazon Web Services is a plus)
- 1+ years experience using various security technologies
- 1+ years experience with security architecture & design
- Experience with UNIX or its variants, such as Linux
- Familiar with networking protocols & technologies - TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, etc.
- Familiar with common security frameworks such as the Mitre ATT&CK framework & threat hunting concepts to identify IOCs
- Preferable experience with modern Cloud Native technologies - Kubernetes, Docker, serverless, etc.
- Preferable experience with infrastructure-as-code, security tool development, & automation to secure the cloud with a preference for leveraging/creating open-source security tools
- Effective communicator of technical designs & vision verbally, visually and/or in writing for small to medium sized technical & non-technical audiences
- Excellent at problem solving & a talent for identifying creative solutions
Some of the tools & resources we will equip you with include:
- We value innovation & investment in our people by providing opportunities for growth & leadership. Whether its through Engineering IndieTime (dedicated time to build whatever you want with whomever you want), or annual hackathons, we value activities that inspire others & get creative juices flowing.
- Appian has a large engineering team where you are made to feel autonomous by our engineering business group model. Working within an agile team allows our engineers & leaders to have a sense of community & accomplishment.
- Well immerse you into our community rooted in respect starting on day one. Our community is strong & growing! Our affinity groups are a great place to start connecting with peers from all across the globe.
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation & value. Today, we help businesses build apps & workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented & passionate people, given the power & autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile & collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, & all voices are heard. We value & encourage cross-departmental collaboration, & actively seek opportunities to better ourselves & others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, were focused on lasting positive change.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com & let us know the nature of your request & your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.