All about these Boxed Boxes!
Boxed was launched in our CEOs garage in 2013 by our four founders; an eclectic group of experienced tech pioneers. They had a simple idea: to make shopping for bulk-sized products easy, convenient & fun. Today, we deliver a first class e-commerce experience for everyday essentials across the country. We work out of our corporate headquarters in New York City, another corporate office in San Mateo, & our three fulfillment centers serving the country from New Jersey, Nevada & Texas.
Were a late stage start-up that places technology & innovation at the heart of all that we do. Our technology platform & automated, state-of-the-art fulfillment centers make headlines & our systems utilize machine learning, predictive analytics & other technologies to ensure a delightful B2C & B2B online shopping experience. While technology is at the core of what we do, providing a personalized, thoughtful & seamless shopping experience is at the core of who we are. We value each & every customer & every single order receives a hand-written thank you note.
Unpack your Potential at Boxed!
Boxed is made up of a vibrant & fun group of engineers, designers, marketers, salespeople & operations specialists -- just to name a few! We work with passion for driving superior value & experience to our customers. Our customers choose to buy from Boxed because we save them time & money, which in turn makes their lives easier. Thats where you come in!
Boxed is seeking an experienced Senior Accounting with a strong revenue & tax background to join its finance team. The Senior Account will own the revenue process & all tax matters Reporting to the Controller, he/she will also provide leadership & a strong technical accounting background to the accounting team.
- Prepare & record all monthly revenue entries in accordance with ASC 606 & internal policies
- Drive process improvement & design of automation procedures
- Manage/coordinate regular closing activities such as journal entries, account reconciliations & financial review & analysis
- Partner with FP&A to provide insight, commentary & variance analysis
- Develop & mentor junior level staff improve accuracy, efficiency & timeliness to the month-end close process
- Effectively partner with Supply Chain & Operations to ensure accurate accounting for perpetual inventory, cycle counts & inventory adjustments
- Develop & lead projects to increase efficiency through automation in Netsuite
- Ensure all state & local tax returns are filed accurately & timely; including but not limited to local business tax filings, NYC CRT, franchise tax filings & public registration
- Manage sales & use tax rates in our financial reporting & order billing systems. Work with the team on SKU & tax code management. Maintain & work on any needed updates to ensure tax codes & categories are compliant & operating appropriately.
- Prepare reconciliations on a monthly basis for all tax accounts to ensure financial statements are free of misstatement & prepared on accordance with GAAP.
- Support company-wide compliance for state/local tax credits & incentives.
- Actively engage with a broader group of non-tax personnel within the Company, including IT teams in support of sales tax systems & priorities
- Assist with projects including audit assistance, research, tax planning, problem resolution with state agencies & tax projections
- 4-7 years of relevant experience including tax consulting & compliance experience in a Big Four public accounting firm and/or corporate tax department
- CPA Preferred
- Ability to manage large data sets to validate & calculate tax liabilities.
- Comprehensive understanding US GAAP, Federal & State taxes as well Sales & Use Tax, VAT & Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Ability to research & communicate technical tax issues to senior management, & prepare & maintain relevant & organized work papers & memorandum
- Strong project management skills including the ability to work independently on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
OUR package for you!
Alongside our customer focus & technology DNA, we pride ourselves on our employee centric mentality. NBC Nightly News called our CEO, Chieh Huang, Americas Dream Boss for our generous benefits. Every day is bring your dog to work day at Boxed! In addition, our team enjoys competitive compensation plus stock options, endless snacks, flexible parental leave, unlimited paid time off, company lunches, & lots of other perks -- just some of the reasons we made Crains list of best places to work in NYC. Wed love to meet you, so apply today!
Check Boxed out here! For CA residents, see our CCPA Policy.