Harrys started in 2013 with a specific goal: disrupt the shaving industry by creating an innovative, everyday product at a fair price. Since then, Harrys has expanded to Canada & Europe, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, launched two new brands including Flamingo & Cat Person, & made our first brand acquisition with Lum.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, the Harrys team is composed of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 5 or 500, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback.
While this role is remote-first, folks have the option of working from our beautiful, 88,000 square foot SoHo office. What will you get out of that? Bagels on Tuesdays, lunch on Wednesdays & Thursdays, & fully stocked kitchens with snacks, coffee, & drinks everyday. Cant forget the free products & the opportunity to have some meetings without Zoom (remember what 2019 was like?)
We are still requiring vaccinations for in-office employees. Reasonable accommodations due to a medical reason or sincerely held religious belief may be made.
About the role
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Services team you will join an energetic group of engineers delivering back end solutions for our eCommerce platform. The Services teams priority is our service oriented architecture which has been built using Scala, TypeScript, Postgres, & infrastructure as code.
What you will accomplish:
- Design & develop features for our eCommerce platform with best practices in mind
- Prioritize your own work based on business/team goals
- Debug issues that stem from user reported & system generated problems.
- Suggest meaningful improvements to our tech stack
- Collaborate with architects, product managers, front end, data, & dev ops engineers to deliver full stack solutions.
This should describe you:
- You are eager to learn & share knowledge
- You get excited about diving into new projects, programs, technology, & are curious/open when discussing different approaches to work
- You know how to disagree & commit
- You are able to deliver constructive feedback that feels objective & supportive
- You communicate the why behind a decision so teammates understand rationale & can make better decisions accordingly
- You are reliable & communicate actively (and empathetically)
About the team
Harrys Services Team builds & maintains a suite of solutions that power eCommerce sites for multiple brands on multiple continents. We are a small, autonomous team with grand ambitions. We make decisions empirically & we choose the right solutions for the job.
Here's who you'll work with
- Reporting to the Senior Manger, Services
- Working on the Services Team
- Working with Services Engineers, Product Management, Data Engineering, Web Engineering, & Architects
Benefits & perks
- Medical, dental, & vision coverage
- 401k match
- Equity in Harrys
- Unlimited PTO & flexible working hours
- Wellness & L&D stipends
- One month sabbatical after 5 years
- 16 weeks parental leave
- Fun IRL & virtual events including happy hours, team building events, & parties on our rooftop
- Free products from all of our brands
We have a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
This role can be done remotely, however there may be location constraints based on where Harry's is registered & able to employ individuals. Please work with your recruiter & your hiring manager to understand any location constraints. We are authorized & able to employ individuals in many, but not all states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where we are registered or able to employ individuals, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more.
#BI-Remote #LI-Remote #LI-AB1