Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, & chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
Thousands of businesses currently sponsor Meetup groups to engage hyper-targeted communities in real life. So we recently launched Meetup Enterprise to help those organizations streamline & scale those partnerships with organizers. identify & engage the right groups for their particular needs at scale around the world.
We are looking for a strong Sales Development Representative to introduce Meetup Enterprise to a wider audience. Our ideal candidate understands the importance of building sustainable relationships to support our long-term growth & delivering value, not just closing the deal.
As a Sales Development Rep, you will:
- Source new sales opportunities through outbound outreach.
- Research companies & add prospects our sales funnel
- Discover new market opportunities & implement campaigns through outbound calls & emails to prospects.
- Identify & test new technology to handle inbound interest & facilitate outbound campaigns.
- Build a solid relationship with prospects to understand customer needs & requirements to provide input to our product roadmap.
- Improve internal knowledge of the competitive landscape.
- Create customer success plans that can scale.
Who we're looking for:
- An authentic people-person: you have 1+ years of previous customer-facing & direct sales experience & are comfortable working with everyone from C-Suite executives to interns.
- An entrepreneur: a self-starter who has a high sense of urgency & can work within undefined processes.
- An articulate communicator with a strong attention to detail: from in-person to phone calls, to emails - you get the right point across in all situations.
- An experimenter: you're comfortable trying out a number of different tools & processes in the short term that will get ironed out as the team scales.
- Someone who is detail-oriented: you're highly organized & can handle multiple prospects with ease.
Our team is bold, supportive, & passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change & building diverse, dynamic teams. You in? Please include a cover letter with your application telling us why you are the perfect fit for a startup within a startup, & Meetup in particular!