About this Role
Join the team at Fandom & work with great people (fans! Star Wars, Twin Peaks, RPG games). As a Software Engineer II on the Data Platform team, you will be responsible for solving engineering problems of the largest complexity & scale within your team. You will be expected to influence the overall vision & long-term engineering goals for the team aligned with the product vision.
- Lead the development of sub-components with limited supervision
- Actively contribute to the tactical planning for your team
- Help to enrich Fandoms structured data with internal & external data sources
- Extend & maintain scalable systems written in Java, Python, Go, & PHP
- Responsible for the entire lifecycle of the work they deliver: development, testing, deployment, & maintenance
- Share knowledge through documentation & pull request comments
- Work effectively with a globally distributed team
- Learn new technologies, patterns, & processes as needed
- Ensure a high level of quality in your deliverables
- Collaborate with your team to solve technical issues
- Deepen your technical knowledge in one or more areas of expertise
- Professional experience with database management systems (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra)
- Professional backend microservice experience (Java preferred)
- 3+ years application development experience
- Professional experience owning parts of a web-scale project from conception to production
- Experience with building automated tests (Jest, Karma, Jasmine, Mocha, etc.)
Bonus Points if You Have...
- Experience with performance & optimization problems at scale
- Experience working with a global team
- Experience with continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Travis, Github, etc)
- Experience with Docker & Kubernetes in production
- Experience with ETL (data extraction, transformation, & loading)
- Experience with python
Benefits & Perks
- Stock options
- Training based on business needs
- Flexible working hours
- Open, energetic & fan-focused, international work environment
- Miscellaneous perks such as wellness programs, swag, etc.
Fandom is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. The fan-trusted source in entertainment, Fandom provides a home to explore, contribute to, & celebrate the world of pop culture. Whether looking for in-depth information on favorite fandoms or whats buzzing in entertainment, Fandom has your pop culture curiosities covered through fan-expert knowledge & carefully curated & fun, original multi-platform content.
Fandom has a global audience of almost 300 million monthly unique users & encompasses over 400,000 fan communities. We currently feature more than 55 million pages of content, inclusive of video. Our Fandom values are:
- We serve a global community.
Connection with our fans, creators, & partners is at our core, & its grounded by our active efforts of inclusion.
- We build experiences.
We imagine, improve, & deliver solutions.
- We bring joy.
We celebrate our fandoms, our teammates, & the work we do.
Fandom is an Equal Opportunity Employer
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Police Code, Article 49