Based in the New York metro area, Pursuit is an innovative social impact organization whose mission is to close the opportunity gap in America by changing how we think about workforce development. Each year, our programs build pathways to lucrative, long-term tech careers for hundreds of diverse, low-income, high-potential adults. We do so by providing supportive training as well as solutions to systemic barriers in workforce development. On average, Fellows increase their income from $18,000 to nearly $90,000, & work at over 300 companies, including Citi, Uber, & Amazon.
We are One Big Team
The passionate & collaborative team at Pursuit gives its all to achieve our mission. And its not just staff. We work with employer partners that love hiring our Fellows because they are so well prepared, ranging from big financial firms to scrappy startups, & everything in between. We also activate & engage thousands of volunteers that come from all areas of the tech industry & beyond.
Reports to: Director of Institutional Giving & Relations
As a Development Assistant you will:
- Identify, thoroughly research, & draft detailed briefings new prospective foundation & corporate leads. For corporate leads this includes mapping out relationships, departments, & cross-functional objectives within each firm.
- Maintain accurate & timely records of development data such as individual donors, institutional funders, prospects, & giving data; communication with them; tasks & associated deadlines
- Ensure materials include sales sheets, pitch decks, web pages, & foundation attachments are accurate & up to date
- Draft communications & outreach materials on behalf of the Director of Institutional Giving & Relations, as well as the CEO
- Utilize Salesforce to generate reports, dashboards that track progress toward annual fundraising goals & generate contact lists
- Schedule meetings, prepare agendas, & take notes at both internal & external meetings, monitor general inboxes & forward or respond accordingly
- Assist with site visits, & org-wide events as needed
- Attend informational webinars & professional development seminars on best practices
- Assist with project-specific work or campaigns as needed
What you need to be considered for Development Assistant role:
- Very reliable, strong initiative & drive, demonstrates ownership over ones work, excellent interpersonal skills, clear writing, & critical thinking skills
- Ability to work well in a team setting, showing respect for all, emotional maturity, & joy
- Ability to see a project through to completion & receive & act upon constructive feedback
- A passion for working toward contributing to making systemic change for marginalized communities
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up/entrepreneurial environment.
- Available to work the occasional evening
- 1-2 years working in a professional office environment preferred
Where youll work:
- Because we are One Big Team, we are planning to return to a hybrid work in the Spring. This means you will work 2 days in our Long Island City Office & 3 days where you work best.
- Great culture where transparency, respect, teamwork, & kindness are valued
- Competitive compensation in base, plus bonus & a full benefits package
- Unlimited PTO & an all-Pursuit week-long holiday the last week of December
- Opportunity for advancement into an Associate level role within 6-12 months
$40,000 - $50,000
The range above is for the expectations as laid out in the job description, however we are often open to a wide variety of profiles, & recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. If that ends up being the case, the updated salary range will be communicated with you as a candidate.
Pursuit values diversity:
Our team has a wide range of backgrounds & experiences, & we value the richness that diversity brings to our organization. We welcome new perspectives & affirm that all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, familial or marital status, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuit is an equal opportunity employer.