Who are we?
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money abroad. Weve taken something complicated & made it simple. Tap the WorldRemit App or click on our website & your international transfer is made to a bank account, cash pickup, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up. Founded in 2010, we send international remittances from 50 countries to more than 150 countries & we continue to expand our footprint.
Using WorldRemit is easy because we do the hard bit, connecting hundreds of banks, money agents, mobile operators & payment systems around the world. These were never designed to work together, but WorldRemit makes it happen.
WorldRemit has grown on average by 50% year on year & is now processing over 3bn of remittances on an annualised basis. We have raised c.$375 million in funding, currently employ over 750 employees & have offices in London, USA, Philippines, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong & other locations.
The journey is just beginning. We believe in faster, simpler, more accessible money transfers. That means building better products & services for our customers.
Changing the world isnt easy so we only hire the most talented people. You need to think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems, & have the drive to make them happen. We aim to attract, retain & develop people that can bring to life our values:
You can learn more about our culture & how we work by watching this video on our Careers page
About the Role
Just like the company, our marketing team is growing. We are looking for an experienced Digital Media Designer to join our creative team based in London. You will work alongside the Online Marketing team to design digital marketing assets & strengthen our digital presence across a variety of channels (social media, display, video, etc).
This role provides an excellent opportunity to learn about user behaviour in a growing company with a truly global coverage: with more than 4 million customers sending & receiving money across more than 3,500 corridors, our user base is extremely diverse.
We operate in a highly competitive space, so ensuring our creative assets are attention-grabbing, relevant & timely is essential for the success of our digital campaigns.
We know the traditional creative production approach is not scalable, & we are looking for a candidate that knows how to work at scale, is comfortable building dynamic creatives & working with data feeds & is keen to innovate & find out-of-the-box solutions to deliver creatives that drive performance online.
To add to the complexity of our footprint, it is essential that you have an excellent understanding of the requirements & best practices across different media so that you keep the customer & context first in your creative output. You thrive designing for multiple platforms & you have brought to live campaigns across display media, Instagram & Facebook (to name a few) keeping it cohesive but also relevant to each platform.
With the expansion & diversification of digital channels there are big expectations that your work will add significant momentum to the hyper-growth expected from the business.
- Work together with our team of online marketing experts to develop high-quality digital creative assets that perform against the campaigns KPIs. You are not just interested in delivering creatives as per the brief, but particularly curious about the impact those creatives have in the results of our campaigns & the business growth. You will be part of a team that lives by the numbers & should be comfortable reporting the good, the not-so-good & the ugly so that we keep continuously improving.
- Identify new opportunities to deliver relevant creatives at scale, be it automation, technology partners or other solutions.
- Align with our conversion rate optimisation manager & coordinate creative testing with the different channel managers to define the best way to test creatives across channels so that we learn about the behaviour drivers of our customers.
- Ensure our presence in visual media platforms adheres to the companys tone of voice & brand guidelines, as well as all compliance & advertising requirements & specs.
- Manage the pipeline of creative requests, briefs & priorities & provide accurate timelines & updates to the requesting teams. You will be working as part of the design
- The bulk of your work will be digital, but you will be working together with the Marketing Designer & Copywriter to define the best way to visually communicate our key messages as well as pitching new creative solutions to senior staff.
Summary of required experience & attributes
- Programmer or graphic designer with 3+ years experience designing & building customized digital ads at scale.
- Proficient knowledge of HTML5, CSS3 & JS. DoubleClick Studio or similar solutions are your bread-and-butter & you have experience developing & setting up dynamic creatives powered by data & automation. Familiarity with AB testing tools would be beneficial but not essential.
- Comfortable using Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects) & creating motion graphics & animations. Other areas of expertise may include: digital marketing, social media, graphic design or video editing. Sketch is a plus.
- Excellent understanding of creative requirements across different platforms. You are expected to apply best practices to your ads & provide feedback to the rest of the team on how to improve the creative brief.
- This position requires exceptional attention to detail, programming skills & creativity. You will be expected to challenge the work that we are already doing, bring new ideas & innovative solutions to problems that we face & explore new areas for growth & testing.
- Good commercial awareness to prioritise design projects based on impact & the wider business needs in a very fast-paced environment. Able to work under pressure & to manage multiple deadlines & workstreams.
- You aim high in the work you do & how you do it. When faced with a challenge that requires thinking out-of-the-box, you love to learn & come out with effective solutions.
The ideal candidate will be dynamic, collaborative, self-driven & will embody the values of an organisation which is proud to be commercially successful & have a broader social purpose; it is vital that this hire has a close affinity with WorldRemits customer & understands the nuances & sensibilities of the companys audience.