As an NS1 Director/Sr. Director, Engineering, you will be leveraging your experience building & mentoring teams of engineers to help drive the success of both managers & Individual Contributors by leading a part of our high velocity engineering organization.
NS1 has transformed the way the internet works by automating the deployment & delivery of the worlds most trafficked internet & enterprise applications. Its application networking stack modernizes DNS, DHCP, & IPAM the familiar & universal foundations of all network & internet services to unlock unprecedented automation, visibility, & control. NS1 has more than 600 enterprise customers worldwide, including LinkedIn, Dropbox, & The Guardian, & is backed by investments from Energy Impact Partners, Dell Technologies Capital, Cisco Investments, & GGV Capital.
- Directly manage a portion of the engineering team, including engineering managers, with a primary responsibility to manage the growth & performance of your team members.
- Drive execution excellence. Possess a passion for building & shipping great products. Implement cross-cutting standards across the engineering organization.
- Own & build the strategy for your individual features / components & driving that in a collaborative fashion with other business stakeholders & communicating this to all aspects of the organization.
- Identify opportunities for new roles within annual hiring plans. Work with internal recruiting team to attract, interview, hire, & onboard new engineers. Participate in planning of a high performing engineering organization.
- Participate in delivering & receiving a culture of transparent feedback across all interacting layers of the organization
- Nurture an environment in the engineering team that aligns with NS1s core values & supports a space for technical expertise & excellent engineering.
Ideally, youll bring:
- Current experience managing engineers & engineering managers.
- Demonstrated experience mentoring, growing & promoting individuals on a team, including hiring strategy & practices.
- Current or prior experience as a software engineer who regularly contributed code to a modern distributed system within a mature product organization.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills. Experience managing distributed global teams.
- Meticulous organization skills, with strong attention to detail & understanding of intricate cross-dependencies.
- Resourceful, creative, pragmatic, & empathetic.
- Directly responsible for building & shipping products
- Strong passion for customer empathy & bringing that customer empathy to your direct team.
- Experience in both SaaS & shipped software in enterprise class (Fortune 2,000) environments.
- Experience in public cloud infrastructure, with shipping software that is specifically infrastructure. Understanding of carrier grade from customer or delivery perspective.
- Agile methodology experience a plus
- Must have a valid U.S. work authorization to apply
Working at NS1:
Were a fast-growing, well-funded startup based in the heart of New York Citys Financial District with offices & team members around the world. Working at NS1, youll come to understand our team is unique, both in & out of the workplace. We have PhDs, musicians, artists, & athletes working side by side, dedicated to delivering first class products. Were hardworking, but we're also a compassionate group. We understand that outside of NS1 is a world that places demands on our time. Our leadership team is dedicated to open & honest communication & we continuously strive to foster a culture of transparency, flexibility, & creativity. We were chosen as one of BuiltinNYCs Top 50 Startups to watch in 2019 & closed our $40M Series D in July 2020.
For all employees, we offer:
- Competitive compensation, including new hire & recurring stock options
- Flexible hours, time off & work from home options (even prior to COVID-19!)
- Choice of laptop & supplemental allowance for workstation accessories
- In house wellness programming & education
- Access to employee-led affinity & social awareness groups
- Funtivities calendar - employees can participate in culture building workplace activities ranging from happy hours, holiday events & special interest activities
- Quarterly giving campaign to charities & social causes
In addition to the above, we offer US Employees:
- Medical, dental, & vision benefits
- Unlimited vacation time with a mandatory minimum utilized each year
- 401k through Betterment
- Commuter benefits (which well use even more often once we return to the office!)
- An outstanding parental leave policy of up to 18 weeks (12 of which can be consecutive)
NS1 champions diversity - we welcome & employ people regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.