Foursquare is the leading independent location technology & data cloud platform, dedicated to building meaningful bridges between digital spaces & physical places. Our proprietary technology unlocks the most accurate, trustworthy location data in the world, empowering businesses to answer key questions, uncover hidden insights, improve customer experiences, & achieve better business outcomes. A pioneer of the geo-location space, Foursquares location tech stack is being utilized by the worlds largest enterprises & most recognizable brands.
Foursquares flexible building blocks include technology to maximize marketing impact & drive incremental real-world engagement (Attribution, Audience, Proximity, SDK); data to deeply understand points of interest & real-world behavior patterns (Places & Visits), & tools to conduct advanced analysis, data enrichment, unification & visualization (Unfolded Studio).
About the Mobile Team
As a member of Foursquares mobile engineering team, youll be responsible for developing new features in our flagship apps Foursquare, Swarm & Rewards, as well as the core infrastructure that powers them. Were a small team where everyone gets ownership of large feature areas & exposure to the full iOS stack, from building fun interactive animations to improving the background location technology that powers both apps & allows us to send our users contextual notifications for the places they visit in the real world. We balance a fast-paced release cycle with a passion for quality & performance. Youll work on cross-functional project teams with product managers, designers, Android engineers, & server engineers. Youll be involved in planning new features & can have a significant impact on our product design & direction.
- 5+ years of native iOS development experience building & maintaining apps
- Proficient in Swift & Objective C
- Knowledge of SwiftUI, UIKit & Cocoa Touch frameworks
- Knowledge of reactive programming & MVVM architecture
- Effective communication skills (both written & verbal)
- Desire to grow & improve engineering skills & iOS knowledge
- Comfort & delight in a small, fast-paced startup environment
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field
Bonus points if you have
- Desire to do cross-platform mobile development
- Experience with CoreLocation
- SDK development experience
- Experience with continuous integration & delivery, dependency injection, multi-threading, memory management
Perks & benefits:
- Learning & development programs from individual contributors to managers
- Individual, professional coaching for all full-time employees
- Flexible time off - rest & recharge when you need it!
- Comprehensive & competitive health, vision, dental, life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Home office setup: you get all necessary hardware & internet reimbursement
- Family planning programs via Carrot & Maven
- Employee Resource Groups to help you stay connected
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users & team members. We value listening to every voice & we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company & products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.