The Senior Strategist provides day-to-day leadership of strategy workstreams, owning the tools of our trade & turning insights into stories that encourage clients to be bold & break with convention. Representing the Strategy Team & wider community with clients, providing a clear, strategic approach on how the client can better connect with consumers.
The Senior Strategist is a collaborative & emotionally-intelligent team player who will actively promote our Brand Transformation ethos, who logically connects all the drivers with the desired outcomes & provides inspirational strategic thinking in service of extraordinary creative outcomes.
What were looking for
You will have strong communication, organisation & collaboration skills, be a real team player & have a strong passion for branding & design. A key aspect will be to lead the strategy team for one of our clients, a large global tobacco name, with whom we are working on exciting & innovative new category products in the reduced risk space (i.e. not cigarettes), as well as other FMCG brands in the food & drinks categories. The role is diverse & youre fluent in brand postioning, naming, packaging development, new product concept development as well as communication strategy.
- Logical approach that connects all the drivers with the desired outcome
- Engaging communication with clients, teams, & other communities
- Shares credit for team accomplishments
- Decisive, but respectful of others opinions
- Provides a clear, evidence-based strategy that is true to the consumer & valuable to the client
- Supports Strategists on their journey towards becoming Senior Strategists
- Demonstrates best practice in how to use our strategic tools & processes
- Owns & develops a specialism that supports projects & drives the wider business
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, & problem-solving skills
- Solid understanding of how brands & businesses work, including the role of communications, packaging, product/service innovation, sustainability & ecommerce
- Has a thorough understanding of the FMCG landscape, is up to date with what brands are doing, & can bring relevant examples from one category to another to support an idea
- Plugged into popular & emerging culture & how it influences the brands we work with - keeps finger on the pulse of trends, design & technology
- Open-minded, inherently curious, & willing to share fresh perspectives in solving problems
- Knows the big picture, thinks about the present & the future; explores & presents possibilities
- Elevated sense of design, colour & aesthetic
- Experience collaborating across multiple functions & with multiple personalities
- Solid understanding of how brands & businesses work
- Good working knowledge of key branding disciplines including brand identity, architecture, naming, 3D environments, digital & innovation
- Knowledge of & experience using key insight tools & methodologies
- Familiar with & ideally experience in communications development from a brand perspective
- Great presentation skills & facility expressing conceptual thinking to clients
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Landor & Fitch Fundamentals
- Embraces & displays passion & curiosity with all of LANDOR & FITCHs capabilities
- Invested in delivering breakthrough creative work through inspirational strategy
- Interacts with colleagues & clients in a positive, collaborative, professional & motivating manner
- Is accountable for delivering all agreed upon projects, on time & at speed
- Creates & owns initiatives that define & strengthen our culture
- Partners effectively with all departments to ensure delivery of on-time, high-quality deliverables that address all relevant prospective client requirements.
- Ensures all correspondence, materials, presentations, & proposals seen by prospective clients are error-free, of highest quality, relevant to the clients business challenges, & reflective of LANDOR & FITCHs approach & ambition Extraordinary by Design
- Documents work through the creation of case studies.
- Communicates findings & recommendations in a clear & compelling manner in written, oral & presentation forms.
- Provides back-up & archiving of all pitches deliverables, credentials & case histories.
- Becomes a source of innovation & knowledge about relevant digital trends
Lead Strategy Workstreams
- Lead & take ownership of strategy workstreams; responsibility to drive & deliver main elements of content, in partnership with creative & client service colleagues
- Give clear briefs internally & to 3rd parties, based on overally objectives of strategy work
- Develop close working relationships with Client Services & Creative to ensure strategy quality is maintained
- Convince internal & client leadership teams with powerful narratives, taking the lead as a magician on pitches & projects alike
- Working with cross-functional teams to drive special projects that deliver change
- Align & steer client teams toward a unified decision
- Develop sales craft to itendify a clients need, pitch relevant strategy workpieces, & work with Client Services to secure the sale
- Be recognized by Client Services & New Business as an expert in at least one of the offer specialisms through regular use of the relevant tools
New Business & Marketing
- Build an understanding of our full offer, including Brand Transformation & hero case studies & be able to present them to & discuss with clients
- Gain exposure to & familiarity with our Experience offer
- Lead strategy pitches for projects
- Create quick, truthful & exciting points of view for pitches
- Think in opportunities, not constraints
People & Team
- Foster communication & cohesion between internal teams & functions
- Conduct regular 1:1 sessions & engage in continuous conversations with direct reports
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
We believe diversity brings creativity, which is at the heart of everything we do. We are actively engaging in creating an environment free of discrimination, where our people & their uniqueness can shine & be celebrated. Were working to set a standard for the industry as a whole, creating a culture of equity & belonging. We may not be perfect, & we know there is work to do, but we regularly check with our teams & Employee Resource Groups on how we are doing, using their insight to frame our thinking & actions, so we can all do better, working as one Landor & FITCH.
Landor is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity & will not discriminate against an applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.