Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, & brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquares platform includes Attribution, Audience, Pinpoint, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK & Visits. As the industrys first & only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions those that exist today & those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map & models fresh & up-to-date, building a phones-eye-view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest worldwide.
About This Position
Foursquare is looking for a Billing Associate who will be an exceptional addition to our Finance team. You should be excited to learn about our companys business model & have a basic understanding of revenue recognition, accounts receivable, & cash collections. This position will report directly to the Senior Accounts Receivable Analyst & will be responsible for assisting with billing for Foursquare by working closely with Sales Operations & Client Success to support a robust & growing Sales team. The ideal candidate will be a great communicator & team player with a positive, proactive attitude. If you are someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced & challenging environment, then this is the role for you.
- Gain a deep understanding of the sales process from contract inception & planning to billing & collection
- Establish relationships with key business partners & customers, & liaise directly with customers as one of the main billing contacts for invoicing & collection activities
- Prepare & submit invoices & revenue adjustments in a timely & accurate fashion
- Work with internal & external stakeholders to ensure needs are being met in processes & system setup
- Communicate with clients to obtain impression counts for billing in a timely fashion
- Collaborate with Client Solutions & Sales Operations teams to investigate discrepancies in campaign invoicing by adjusting invoices & issuing credit memos to expedite client payment
- Handle all basic administrative functions including user account maintenance, company reports & dashboards, workflows & other routine tasks
- Ensure compliance with internal company policies & procedures
- Support any ad-hoc projects & analysis as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or related field required
- Strong analytical skills
- Problem solving
- Strong customer service orientation with excellent oral & written communication skills, including the ability to interact with customers by phone & email
- Proven ability to balance multiple priorities effectively & meet deadlines
- Strong proficiency in Excel & data manipulation
- Prior Salesforce.com experience
- Experience in Netsuite is a plus
- Industry experience in digital advertising, media and/or entertainment ideal
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users & team members. We value listening to every voice & we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company & products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.