As a Marketplace Principal, you will be an integral member of the Global Marketplace team, focusing on revenue strategy, driver supply strategy, & operations. We drive efficiency & innovation in Vias consumer & partner cities, owning both operational P&L targets & the broader vision for operating at scale. You will achieve those goals by leading a team of talented individuals, generating data-driven insights, developing product & execution strategies, & seeing these through to the finish line. To do the job well, youll need to work closely with many teams across the organization - ops teams, financial analysts, product experts, engineers, & data scientists. We are a low-ego, high-impact team who enjoy finding creative solutions to complex problems.
What You'll Do
- Own weekly, monthly, quarterly, & annual operations targets, & develop/execute creative strategies to achieve them
- Work with city & partner teams, general managers, & senior management to develop & implement the strategies that will achieve those goals & set up Via for scale
- Galvanize other teams (ops, finance, data science, product) to achieve long-term goals & unlock new value
- Build & use dashboards, data analyses, AB tests, & other methods to identify opportunities & track progress
- Ideate, pitch, & execute proposals to maximize efficiency (new features; new product lines or subscription models, etc.) in front of both internal & external audiences
Who You Are
- A people leader who can motivate a large team with diverse skillsets, & also build relationships to get things down outside your core team
- A highly adaptable professional who can quickly synthesize new information, determine if the plan / goals need to change, & organize the team to get that done
- An entrepreneur who doesnt wait to be told what to do - when you find an opportunity to make an impact, you go & get it done
- An innovator who is not satisfied with how things work now - youre constantly zooming out to see if theres a better way to do things, & to make sure youre working on the most impactful items
- Highly analytical & a good communicator. You can not only knock out a complex analysis, but can quickly distill key insights for various groups
- Record of exceptional academic & professional achievement
- Have 8+ years of work experience, likely at a high-growth startup, established tech company, consulting, or financial firm
What Catches Our Eye:
- MBA or other Masters degree a plus
- Experience with Technical tools (SQL, Python, Tableau)
Were Via, & we build technology that changes the way the world moves. Our guiding principle is simple: we know that the future of transportation is safe, dynamic, shared public mobility the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, compliments existing transit infrastructure, & provides everyone with accessible, efficient, & affordable ways of getting around. Through intelligently designed operating systems & sophisticated routing algorithms, we build localized & customizable solutions for each & every one of our global partners (100 & counting, last we checked)
Long story short: were very proud to be championing the transportation evolution of cities around the world & modernizing mobility. Ready to join the ride?
Via offers above market compensation packages & benefits, including equity, health insurance, & relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.