At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat. Over the past 9 years we've seen this mission spread around the world & beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are the leading global company in the meal kit delivery market.
So, how did we do it? Our weekly boxes full of exciting recipes & fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of encouraged & empowered home cooks that expands across the globe. We are one of the fastest growing meal kit businesses & are active in 12 different countries across 3 continents. In Canada, our growth trajectory & expansion has been phenomenal. We have launched facilities across the country & have recently added Chefs Plate to our team!
We are proud of our collaborative culture. Our diverse FreshFam enables us to connect with our customers & turn their feedback into meaningful action - from developing new recipes to constantly improving our process of getting dinner to our customers homes. Our culture attracts top talent with shared values & forms the foundation for a great place to work!
If you would like to join a dynamic & highly motivated team & work in a high-growth industry where you can have an impact & make a difference every single day, then join us!
You are welcome at our table.
At HelloFresh, we are committed to building & nurturing an inclusive community for our employees. We value diverse skills & experience, & strongly encourage applications from our Black, Indigenous, & People of Colour (BIPOC) community, as well as people with disabilities, people from gender & sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities.
HelloFresh is an equal opportunity employer & is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request, we will provide accommodation for candidates at any stage.
About the Role
We are looking for a Recipe Editor for a 9-month contract who will lead the HelloFresh & Chefs Plate weekly editorial & recipe card creation processes. Reporting to the Culinary Product Operations Manager & as part of the Product team, you will play a key role in ensuring customer-facing content is clear & correct, all in the pursuit of error-free recipes. You will have the opportunity to continuously improve our editorial process & be a driving force behind our food voice. Recipe Editors at HelloFresh must be able to adapt to a fast-paced & ever-changing environment. This role is not traditional & we are looking for someone who can take on this challenge. Your industry knowledge will be put to good use as you work with our recipe developers to maintain & improve our style guides as we create delicious & easy-to-follow recipes together. You will also have the opportunity to lead interactions with global partners through monthly connections to share & learn best practices.
- Be the editorial lead for all recipes cards for both HelloFresh & Chefs Plate brands
- Manage & execute the weekly recipe editorial process, with a focus on the final stages of the process (e.g., final recipe edit, final PDF check & print hand-off)
- Manage dynamic weekly edits in response to menu changes
- Oversee recipe editorial efforts on specialty projects
- Work collaboratively with recipe developers & other stakeholders to maintain & update style guides.
- Collaborate with internal partners to ensure all recipe card & editorial content deadlines are met.
- Maintain & improve an editorial process that works for all stakeholders.
- Support tracking of recipe changes by overseeing internal change tracker tools.
At a minimum, you have:
- 3-5 years experience in editing, writing, & content creation
- Expert level skills in copy editing, proofreading, & ensuring adherence to style guides
- A background in recipe editing (writing and/or recipe development) is a major asset
- An eye for detail - youll catch the smallest of things; recipe inconsistencies, typos, misspelled words & grammatical errors
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign) is a major asset
- Organizational skills to handle multiple deadlines in a given week
- A desire to continuously seek & implement process improvement
- Confidence in your work & abilities - youre able to problem-solve independently
Why you'll love it here:
- 75% discount on HelloFresh & Chefs Plate meal kits
- A work-from-home allowance & flexibility to work remotely (within Canada) up to four weeks per year - learn more about our flexible Hybrid Work Approach below!
- We trust & support you - take ownership of your work & push your ideas from inception to execution
- We want to see you grow - we support your career progression & provide learning & development opportunities
- We take our work seriously, but we don't take ourselves too seriously. Youll work with fun, energetic, & supportive teams.
- Weve kept up the work-hard, play-hard energy virtually. From team socials to HQ Wellness Wednesdays to holiday & milestone celebrations, youll have plenty of opportunity to connect socially with teammates across the company.
Hybrid Work Approach
At HelloFresh, we know that flexible work arrangements are essential in enabling you to do your best work, while balancing your personal & life needs. Offering remote work flexibility for our employees is a core part of creating a great employee experience. We are also mindful that many employees thrive on in-person interactions & collaboration opportunities at the office (e.g. new joiners, team building, social events, experiencing our product).
To meet those needs, we are pleased to provide a Hybrid Work Approach, which enables employees to work from home up to 50% of the time, & also work remotely (within Canada) up to four weeks per year. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our HQ employees are primarily working remotely from home & we have the office open & available on a voluntary basis for employees who wish to work from there. Pending public health guidelines, we expect to return to the office using our Hybrid Work Approach. Employees will receive a minimum of one months notice of our Hybrid Work Approach taking effect & when employees will be expected to start work from the office.
When we return to the office, youll love:
- Our bright & functional space located in the heart of downtown Toronto (110 Spadina Avenue)
- Our test kitchen, where our recipes are tested on-site, so there are delicious meals constantly flowing!
- Our newly renovated employee lounge, decked out with a movie projector, comfy couches, board games, & a ping pong table!
- Our gorgeous rooftop patio, with a perfect view of the CN Tower while you enjoy lunch outdoors!
- Our fully-stocked kitchen with fresh fruit, healthy & not-so-healthy snacks, sparkling water, cold brew coffees, & more. (Are you seeing a pattern yet? Hint: We love food!).
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
The health & safety of all staff members at HelloFresh is our top priority. As such, we are committed to taking every reasonable precaution to protect the health & well-being of our employees against the risks of COVID-19.
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is proven to be a safe & effective tool in protecting our health & our communities. In support of this, we have adopted a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy requiring all staff members to be fully vaccinated in order to access the office or to attend a HelloFresh sanctioned event located outside of the office.