Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay & be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision & the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people & businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash & checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics & FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, & excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience & security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team & find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
As a StaffQA Engineer, you will be part of Merchant, Acquirer, issuerProcessing Platform certification Team to test the ACQ andISS hosts with Visa's systems, this role is also to enhance & buildout new processes to speed up andmeasure the testing efforts.You will be part of teams tasked with multiple projects across DPS systems, including VROL, Falcon, Offline & Online.
If this sounds exciting, we want to chat & tell you more about our work culture & environment & see if this will be a good fit.
We expect ourStaff QA/Test Engineers to do much more than certify client hosts.
- Help our client to achieve their real goals by understanding the requirements & how it would help them in their business.
- Leverage newer technologies & develop solutions to build next generation of Payment Infrastructure services.
- Lead efforts to design andautomate variousaspectsof our global transaction
- processing systems.
- Develop test plans, designs & test cases as appropriate. Identify test dependencies, environment & data requirements.
- Looks for opportunities to share knowledge & experience department wide to grow overall
- Provide day-to-day support to Client institutions including response to customer inquiries related to complex Visa core applications issues or questions & ensure customer expectations are exceeded.
- Identify, troubleshoot & resolve complex processing, application usage, or business issues.
- Proactively identify & own issues through resolution working with business or development groups.
- Comfortable in leading meeting & discussions with non-technical teams.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal skills & team player.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience & a Bachelor's Degree or
- 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or
- 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- General business knowledge of financial systems & EFT
- Knowledge in testing web technologies, services & physical devices. Understanding of Java technologies, XML, JS, CSS & HTML
- Knowledge in Microsoft .Net, Java, VB & Java script programming capability
- Expert knowledge in SQL methodologies
- Strong understanding of Agile, scrum & Quality Assurance processes & methodologies
- Experience with tools like clear quest, HP ALM, AGM, Share point, Wiki, & Clear-2-pay
- Must be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive, & able to function under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills -- both verbal & written - & able to quickly learn & implement new technologies, application appropriate frameworks & tools
- Strong relationship, collaborative skills & organizational skills with a high degree of initiative & self-motivation & able to work as a member of matrix based diverse & geographically distributed project team
- Willingness & ability to learn & take on challenging opportunities
- Strong, professional communication skills (i.e., written, verbal & listening)
- Organizational skills (e.g. attention to details, ability to multi-task, prioritize, etc.)
- Independent & self-motivated
- Ability to comprehend technical issues & apply it to the job.
- Develop & maintain transaction & automation scripts
- Collaborate with developers & QA leads to improve testability, automation, & tools
- Analyze automation feasibility & devise the best automation approach
- Develop Proof of concept (POC)
- Develop & maintain transaction simulators & automation framework
- Creating clear testing project documentation
- Follow the standards in development to ensure compliance with Audit Requirements
- Actively look for opportunities to enhance standards & improve process efficiency
- Identify & troubleshoot system issues working with functional & development tools & other support teams as required
- Document software defects using bug tracking system, & report defects to software developers
- Perform network / system diagnostics & transaction research to analyze & resolve endpoint problems in both the test & production
- Work with functional & development teams to ensure on time & quality delivery
- Coordinate & collaborate with a globally distributed team
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- Position might require occasional travel for training or team meetings -10%
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.