At Pivotal we believe in something audacious: the world can & ought to build software better. We envision a world where product managers experience meaningful & challenging work, collaborating in an atmosphere of kindness & trust with a diverse set of teammates, developing at a sustainable pace that allows them to go fast forever. The workplace should enable teams to be quick & productive, always learning, & always improving.
The worlds most established companies run on Pivotal. The results are transformational. Through adoption of our platform, tools, & methodology, these companies have unleashed innovation & reduced time-to-market.
Our methodology is about evolving, in both development & innovation, & our culture is empowering. Our 3,000+ employees across offices worldwide subscribe to an ethos of kindness. We make a point to bring empathy to each & every project, & are guided by a purposeful missionto transform how the world builds software.
Pivotal & Concourse CI
Pivotal is committed to developing strong, open platforms & building healthy open source communities. Were founding members of the Cloud Foundry Foundation & continue to be the primary contributor to the Java Spring Framework & other Spring-related projects. Pivotal is also a proud sponsor of the Concourse CI open source project.
Concourse CI was started as a project by two Pivots, Alex Suraci & Chris Brown in 2014. Since then, Concourse has been adopted by thousands of developers around the world for their CI/CD projects.
Were looking for a passionate Product Manager who will work in collaboration with the Concourse Open Source Lead to grow Concourse CI. You have seen the power of empowered, balanced teams & believe in Outcomes over Output [video]. You have strong product instincts, but more importantly have an appreciation for & understanding of lean startup, agile & user-centered design values, principles & practices. You are excited by the user & business value that technology that can unlock. You thrive in a complex ecosystem, collecting, sharing & synthesising input from many directions & enabling your team to continuously deliver customer value. You believe in doing the right thing & doing what works.
We believe that teams should spend more of their time delivering incremental value & less on building infrastructure. Hundreds of companies rely on Concourse to meet the needs of millions of their customers. Our engineers embrace Extreme Programming (XP) as a way to go fast forever & deliver remarkable results. Our product managers & product designers work side-by-side with our engineers in small, empowered teams, using Lean & UCD as guides. We measure success by making our customers more productive, as both software developers & platform operators. We spend time with our customers to understand & build empathy for the jobs that they need to get done.
- Collaboratively define & drive product strategy, vision & roadmap evangelizing to all the teams, partners & users of our platforms
- Work with the team to drive product definition, design & prototyping process to discover customer problems & create valuable, desirable & feasible solutions.
- Collaboratively define & prioritize a backlog for your product that continuously delivers measurable value towards the vision
- Help innovate & iterate on agile PM processes & share our insights
- Actively engage customers & the larger open source community of users
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of Agile Product Owner or Product Management experience
- Experience working & collaborating with Open Source communities.
- Product management experience, especially with large scale, distributed products
- Able to breakdown complex problems into simple solutions focused on important customer needs
- Strong leadership & communication skills & the ability to teach others
- Ability to work collaboratively with others & navigate complex decision making
- Focused on data-driven approaches to solving problems, & accelerating the learning process to validate solutions
- Ability to collaborate well with engineers, designers, & other partners
- Experience with Lean & User-Centered Design methodologies
- Experience with agile development methodology, ideally Extreme Programming
Total Rewards Package
Pay Range: 93,500 - 135,00 CAD
In addition to salary, our total rewards package also includes equity in the form of RSUs, comprehensive medical & disability benefits, employer match on RRSP, fitness reimbursement programs & more!
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY GPVTL Canada In (Pivotal) is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of every individual in creating success for our customers, business partners, shareholders, employees & communities. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, developing & promoting employees without discrimination. Pivotal believes equal opportunity & inclusion are essential to motivate, empower & recognize the best in everyone.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Pivotal is committed to working with & providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 & the Ontario Human Rights Code, Pivotal will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment & selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email AskHR@pivotal.io or call 416-907-9470 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).