Hi, we're Oscar Medical Group. Were hiring a Virtual Primary Care Nurse Practitioner to join our team working remotely in Long Island, NY.
Healthcare is broken. Patients experience a system that is fragmented, inaccessible, & impossibly complicated. We want to change that starting with primary care. We also believe medicine is a team sport & great primary care means connecting patients to a broader community of healthcare professionals & resources that are designed to address each patients healthcare needs. Were starting with a virtual first connection.
About this role:
Were looking for an Advanced Practitioner to manage a panel of members in Long Island. This is the first market were launching our Virtual Primary Care offering in. Youll keep a set patient schedule, treating patients, managing clinical escalations, & engaging in new products were rolling out for the program.
As we build the program, youll advocate for specific needs for your Care Team, & areas for improvement for our Virtual Primary Care offering. Youll determine when in-person interactions are most appropriate for members, & make referrals to those care settings. Youll be our ears to the ground & eyes to the future of how we provide primary care.
- Provide exceptional care for your panel of patients (18+) virtually (phone, messaging, video)
- Provide continuity of care to patients with a wide range of acuity from young/healthy to chronic conditions (DM, HTN, COPD, CAD, etc).
- Collaborate with MD/DO on Care Team on complex patients / escalated cases.
- Follow up on labs, imaging, & closed loop communication with other providers where necessary.
- Use tooling to enable virtual exams including remote home monitoring equipment, remote physical exam, remote point of care diagnostics (ie TytoCare or Butterfly).
- Collaborate with & supervise RNs, MAs.
- Advocate on behalf of the Care Team specific capabilities necessary for your region or patient population mix (e.g. adding Specialist access within Care Team).
- Help develop clinical guidelines & continuous improvement of Care Model.
- Work with Product & Operations to give feedback on ways to improve workflows & tooling to reflect best care practices.
- Be available for on call shifts & to answer critical labs escalations.
- Be willing to flex into other service lines (ie Virtual Urgent Care)
- Maintain a flexible patient schedule -- this may include scheduled early morning visits (7am) & early evening visits (7pm) with occasional Saturday visits as we understand patient preferences.
- Participate in collaborative care with virtual behavioral health Specialists (and potentially other Specialists!)
- MSN or DNP from an accredited nursing school.
- APRN Board Certified as a Family Nurse Practitioner or Adult Nurse Practitioner.
- Experience delivering virtual care preferred; 5+ years experience delivering primary care required.
- Licensed in New York
- Located in New York City & willingness to practice in-person
- Professional Spanish-language fluency
- Experience delivering virtual care
- Experience using EMR tools such as Athena
- Familiarity using e-consults (i.e. messaging platform) for speciality services
- Experience being metrics driven in a practice setting as it relates to population health management, quality benchmarks, & productivity
- Experience working with remote diagnostic & home monitoring tools
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.