Squarespace is seeking an experienced Staff Engineer for our Finance Products team. Youll work directly with our Finance teams (Accounting, Taxation, & Analysts). The Finance Products team helps the company understand & report on revenue, subscriber trends, & other key performance indicators for the business. The data sets, reports, & tools that you build will be involved in crucial, company-level decisions for years to come. Youll be working on a team where constant learning & team-wide knowledge sharing is a core part of our culture.
- Build & maintain financial data processing services for our finance team including our revenue recognition system, financial data warehouse, & reporting solutions.
- Design, implement & support a self-service business intelligence solution
- Write, test, & review primarily microbatch or streaming ETL
- Support continuous improvement of our system, tests, & data quality indicators
- Influence our technical decisions
- Keep yourself informed & up-to-date with technologies
- Encourage the technical growth of your teammates
- Lead other engineers & collaborate to deliver strong customer-focused experiences
- You have significant experience building software for accounting or corporate finance, including revenue recognition & accounting systems
- You love working directly with the people whose problems you're solving
- You are experienced with data: modeling, storage, security, & retrieval
- You're motivated & driven. You naturally take responsibility for a project & ask for help when needed
- You enjoy working with dynamic programming languages, relational databases, & distributed systems. Our platform is ever evolving, but currently is a combination of Postgres, Kafka, Airflow, Spark, Kubernetes, Presto & Python
- You gain a deep understanding of the products & tools you work with
- You check your work & stand behind what youve built
Squarespace empowers people with creative ideas to succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 800 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch & snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.