Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency & public blockchains for payments, commerce & financial applications worldwide. Circle's platform has supported over 100 million transactions worth tens of billions of dollars, with nearly 10 million retail customers, over a thousand businesses, while storing & securing more than $5 billion in digital currency assets. Circle is also the creator of USD Coin (USDC), the fastest growing, regulated, dollar, which is quickly approaching 10 billion in circulation, growing over 1000% year over year. Today, Circle's transactional services, business accounts, & platform APIs are giving rise to a new generation of financial services & commerce applications that hold the promise of raising global economic prosperity for all through programmable internet commerce.
What youll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce, Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains & digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient & integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people & businesses everywhere can more freely connect & transact with each other with new technologies for digital money. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people & companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse & which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees & families, our local communities & our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, & High Integrity.
What youll be responsible for:
As a Senior Data Analyst, youll join a data-driven risk team focused on helping Circle scale its products while providing the best possible customer experience & mitigating the associated risks. You will conduct in-depth analysis to draw insight around product improvements. You will make use of your analysis to test & implement business logic that reduces the sources of financial & reputational risk for the business. We're looking for ambitious, highly motivated individuals who are seeking a collaborative, iterative, & fast-paced environment.
What you'll work on:
- Maintain a software stack of automated monitors & alerts to keep tabs on any abnormalities in customer behavior, risk-rule efficiency & performance.
- Design, implement & maintain intuitive dashboards that deliver valuable insights for enabling data-driven decision making.
- Perform complex data analysis on customer behavior, risk strategies & rule accuracy & performance to draw insights & propose applicable changes.
- Design, test, implement & monitor logic for new or existing risk rules around KYC, fraud, account-takeovers & anti-money laundering.
- Design, calculate & monitor Risk goals & KPIs.
- Contribute to the creation & maintenance of all risk related documentation.
- Develop, analyse & improve the relevant risk scoring systems (Frameworks / ML Models) for optimal real time decision making.
- Automate risk processes, where possible, with the relevant tools to ensure scalability of all risk operations.
- Build, deploy & maintain relevant automated controls to ensure data integrity & completeness.
- Drive the enhancement of data tools available to data analysts at Circle.
- Support all other Risk Team workload (i.e onboarding, customer support, troubleshooting, dispute management, etc) & business needs (data requests, reporting, etc) as required.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication & commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees & families & local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener & to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission & our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity & you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open & honest communication, & you hold yourself to very high moral & ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty & intolerance.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- 3+ years experience as Data Analyst in a data intensive environment, working with large data sets.
- Advanced SQL skills required (postgreSQL, Redshift, Athena) to extract data from a variety of data sources.
- Extensive knowledge of Python & strong data visualization skills.
- A Bachelor's degree, preferably on the technical side in Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Science / Engineering or equivalent.
- Ability to take initiative & find creative & scalable ways to solve problems.
- Interest & knowledge of data & statistics.
- Ability to work effectively in fluid environments using time-management & prioritization skills.
- Experience working in payments, risk or chargeback /fraud role a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.