As WeWork continues to rapidly expand & grow, our newly created Revenue Optimization function is focused on building the foundations for pricing / yield management & inventory optimization through state-of-the-art analytics & predictive modelling.
The intern position on the Revenue Optimization team will support the development of a state-of-the-art modeling framework to improve yield management & inventory optimization at WeWork. This position will support building analytical rigor & statistical methods to our Revenue Optimization strategies & systems.
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members around the world with space, community & services that enable them to do what they love & create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, & our own team members are central to that goal.
The mission of Revenue Optimization is focused on building the foundations for pricing/yield management & inventory optimizations through state-of-the-art analytics & predictive modeling. The group will act as an in-house consulting team analyzing data to define strategies & execute on initiatives that will maximize our revenue streams for WeWork.
- Work on high-visibility revenue optimization projects (e.g. price optimization, customer segmentation, & demand forecasting) to improve revenue growth for WeWork.
- Use large, complex data sets to monitor office demand across different product types & optimize inventory across the WeWork fleet.
- Conduct end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering & requirements specification, processing, analysis, & effectively communicate findings & provide key insights/recommendations to various functional leads.
- The candidate will also serve as an internal consultant conducting ad-hoc analysis on various strategic initiatives such as new market pricing & promotion analytics.
- Currently pursuing a degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Operations Research, Statistics, Economics)
- Proficient knowledge of R or Python, SQL
- Comfortable with quantitative analysis, statistical techniques, data mining
- Good communicator (written & visual presentation)
- Strong interpersonal skills & ability to influence others
- Great team player