Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency & public blockchains for payments, commerce & financial applications worldwide. Circle's platform has supported over 100 million transactions worth tens of billions of dollars, with nearly 10 million retail customers, over a thousand businesses, while storing & securing more than $5 billion in digital currency assets. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which together with Coinbase & the Centre Consortium oversees the standards & protocol for what has become the fastest growing, regulated, fully-reserved stablecoin. USDC now stands at well over $10 billion market cap & is adding nearly $300 million net new digital dollars in circulation every week.Today, Circle's transactional services, business accounts, & platform APIs are giving rise to a new generation of financial services & commerce applications that hold the promise of raising global economic prosperity for all through programmable internet commerce.
What youll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce, Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains & digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient & integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people & businesses everywhere can more freely connect & transact with each other with new technologies for digital money. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people & companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse & which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees & families, our local communities & our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, & High Integrity.
What youll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for a Director of Internal Controls, reporting to the VP of Accounting to fill a newly created role at the company to work on defining robust controls & processes, implement a control repository & establish a best practice monitoring & review process to mitigate risk & ensure SOX compliance during the next phase of the company's rapid growth.
What youll work on:
Design & identify key controls for processes that impact financial reporting for the company.
- Develop a repeatable process for 302 & 404 assertions & reporting.
- Support & create SOX ready documentation including narratives, flow charts, control descriptions, etc.
- Project manage control definition & implementation for new products, processes & system implementations.
- Lead implementation of SOX repository such as Auditboard, Workiva or similar system.
- Review, assess, & evaluate reported control deficiencies, root causes, & planned corrective actions in conjunction with business process owners.
- Assist in the delivery of training to business process owners & related functions with respect to internal controls & SOX compliance.
- Support annual & semi-annual risk assessment in coordination with the Internal Audit team.
- Work with Internal Audit function to track status of periodic testing of internal controls against audit timelines & schedules.
- Work with internal & external auditors to coordinate audit controls testing & process walkthroughs to streamline impact on the business & align test results.
- Work closely with the IT Security team to ensure IT General Control documentation & monitoring program is consistent with SOX requirements.
- Support the preparation of materials for periodic management & Audit Committee meetings.
- Seek to continuously improve the SOX program to become more efficient & effective through optimization & automation.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication & commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees & families & local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener & to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission & our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity & you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open & honest communication, & you hold yourself to very high moral & ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty & intolerance.
What youll bring to Circle:
- 8+ years of experience, ideally with Big 4 & public company experience working on SOX compliance.
- CPA & CIA/CISA or equivalent required
- Practical & deep knowledge of US GAAP, SOX & COSO.
- Previous experience with GRC & AuditBoard or similar tool a plus.
- Experience working in a rapid growth environment in financial services, payments or technology companies is a plus.
- Organized, detailed, proactive, self-motivated, collaborative.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills.
- Proven ability to work cross functionally & adapt to change are extremely important.
- Ability to prioritize workloads & ensure deadlines are consistently met.
- High integrity & ability to handle confidential information
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.