Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Product Manager for Communications Automation to join our Product team in our Los Angeles office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
Oscar Product is a growing team using technology & design to improve health care. We work on many projects in several areas: building next-generation consumer experiences, technology & infrastructure, expanding into new markets, creating better ways for healthcare providers to work with patients, optimizing internal processes, & lots more.
As a PM in our Los Angeles office, youll develop the core automation applications that determine how we engage with our members to achieve better outcomes. Youll work with a team of engineers to translate these requirements into intuitive tools that promote large-scale behavior change programs throughout Oscar.
You will report into the Group Product Manager in our LA office.
- Determine the business & user goals of your product area(s)
- Create process & system specifications for our operations & technology, & working with internal partners to implement them.
- Architect our automation applications - the tools & systems that promote Oscar to run large-scale experiments to better understand how we can improve our members health & lower costs
- Work with engineers, & other internal stakeholders to create specs & implement features.
- Make sure your features are on track & high-quality, & helping your team adjust them as needed.
- Coordinate & organize work across multiple perspectives & functions within Oscar.
- Test & maintain the areas youre responsible for to ensure seamless operations.
- You have worked directly with engineers in product management roles for 2+ years.
- You know how to analyze & decompose a complex system into its essential parts.
- Youve had experience developing APIs, preferably in a service-oriented architecture.
- You can look at a problem & create a solution all the way from top-level goals to operational details.
- You love helping engineers, operations experts, & other teams around you do their best work.
- You are a natural at project managing multiple small & large projects at the same time.
Life at Oscar
Our more than 1,000 employees aim to make health care affordable & accessible for all. We apply this same vision to our perks & benefits, including: medical benefits, unlimited paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by your unique background & perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.