BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
Were looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our team. At BuzzFeed youll have the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects from internal tooling, like our CMS & distribution tools to launching experiences for our consumer facing products, like the BuzzFeed News website & apps.
Senior Product Designers take design ownership of large projects & are leaders in their cross-discipline group. They assume responsibility for design quality across their immediate & adjacent product groups & collaborate with their group to define roadmaps & goals.
The Product Design team at BuzzFeed is made up of multidisciplinary designers, who are individually responsible for all aspects of design: user research, UX design, visual design, prototyping and, on the web, front-end implementation. Additionally, our designers are key collaborators when it comes to cross-disciplinary activities such as product discovery & A/B experiment definition, design & analysis. You can read more about our recruiting practices & our role documentation on Github. You can also read about our latest diversity numbers.
- Leading & executing all aspects of design in a cross-functional team, including: user research, UX design, visual design, & prototyping
- Fostering a collaborative, cross-disciplinary design process
- Leading the vision for your product area alongside Product, Engineering, & Data Science leads to inform your teams roadmap
- Soliciting direct & impactful feedback from your manager, stakeholders, other designers, & cross-discipline team; filtering & prioritizing various types of feedback on your own & with your immediate cross-discipline team
- Providing direct & impactful feedback to other designers on the team, helping designers on adjacent product teams grow their skills
- Partnering with User Research & Data Science to define what qualitative & quantitative data will be important at the onset of a project & make changes based on data analysis
- You have experience designing products & features for web & apps
- You have experience balancing a thoughtful design process with tight deadlines
- You have experience collaborating with people across multiple disciplines
- You have experience providing thoughtful, direct, & clear design feedback
- You are interested in mentoring designers to grow their skills
- You enjoy working across all aspects of design, leading a project from conception through completion
- In addition to UX skills, you have strong visual skills & understanding of layout, typography, & visual hierarchy
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.