WHO WE ARE:
The tech team builds the systems & apps that communicate with our customers, warehouses, customer service, payment providers, & more. In short, we create & manage the systems that keep the business running and, more importantly, make dogs happy. We work collaboratively (no such thing as a dumb question) & scientifically (test & measure whenever we can), while taking the work--but not ourselves--too seriously. We generally work on squads of engineers, product designers, data analysts, QA & product management. We also work closely with stakeholders throughout the company to get things done. We see technology as a means to an end; we love solving problems & making the most of our time!
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR:
Were looking for a detail-obsessed Business Analyst to help the Data & Analytics team build the next generation of data science products for our internal customers & help Bark in its mission to create the world's best products & experiences for dogs.
- Mapping existing business & technical processes & data flows.
- Creating & maintaining diagrams, flow charts & documentation.
- Performing requirements analysis.
- Conducting meetings & presentations to share ideas & findings.
- Effectively communicating your insights & plans to cross-functional team members & management.
- Ensuring solutions meet business needs & requirements.
- Updating, implementing & maintaining procedures.
- Serving as a liaison between stakeholders & users.
- 4 years experience in business analysis or a related field.
- Exceptional analytical & conceptual thinking skills.
- The ability to influence stakeholders & work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Experience creating detailed reports & giving presentations.
- Excellent planning, organizational, & time management skills.
- A history of leading & supporting successful projects.
- Basic knowledge of programming languages
This position is a full-time, salaried position. BARK currently has offices in NYC, Seattle & Columbus, Ohio, but for the right candidates working remotely is also an option. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, & a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs & their people. Were looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (were not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs & their people through our products, events, & experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make magic between dogs & their people. Weve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.