As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Director, Technical Account Manager (TAM) will report directly to the Sr. Director, TAMand should be considered a go-to resource for CS within region. This role has technical lead responsibilities. This is a technical management position, not sales management. This role is an Individual Contributor position.
This position will have responsibility to cover enterprise clients & will include interacting directly with new & existing customers, business& technology partners & multi-functional Visainternal stakeholders.
- Contact each assigned account a minimum of once per month to ensure their support needs are being met & no open issues remain
- Perform a high-level transaction review for top 10 volume accounts a minimum of twice per month
- Notify accounts in advance of a code release adding functionality and/or changes to the services they utilize
- Perform account training and/or retraining functions as needed. This training is to ensure that assigned accounts are familiar with & comfortable with new & updated services
- Monitor support traffic to watch for areas requiring intervention and/or follow up
- Maintain a "team" approach with Sales on assigned accounts. Notify of any potential issues or opportunities
- Maintain a high availability to all accounts
- Maintain ownership & account update on escalated tickets until the issue is resolved
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or at least 8 years of work
experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- Intermediate-level knowledge of multiple programming / scripting languages. (Java, C/C++, Perl, PHP, etc.)
- Strong troubleshooting/debugging skills
- Customer Service Experience with specific & well-formed knowledge of customer support tools & processes
- Experience of working in the payments industry and/or eCommerce
- Knowledge of payment and/or risk management systems
- Experience of being an escalation point for internal team queries
- Experience of effective cross-functional collaboration between technical, service delivery, support & commercial facing teams
- Experience of regularly giving presentations to customers
- Experience of working alongside a sales team, supporting them to help win new business
- Well organized & detail-oriented with a strong background in exceeding customer expectations
- Exceptional verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, continually re-prioritize cases & work under pressure
- Ability to work well as part of a team & collaborate with others at all organizational levels
- Experience of working as part of a global support team
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
Work hours: 8 Hours / 5 Days per week
Travel:Position might require occasional travel for training or team meetings -
Physical Requirements:This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.