Senior Safety Specialist
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient & exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world & we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services & were growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, & international, & our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
Due to growth, HelloFresh is looking to add a Sr. Safety Specialist to our team! As Sr. Safety Specialist, you will join forces with the Manager of Safety & Loss Prevention of Safety to head up workplace safety initiatives for one of our distribution center operations! You will be on the front lines of production & immerse yourself in the trenches to promote HelloFreshs vision, inspire change, raise the bar on safety performance, & champion a culture of safety!
- Work with integrity & the utmost regard for the safety & health at HelloFresh
- Provides subject matter expertise either through education, training, and/or experience in multiple areas including environmental management, compliance, occupational safety, risk management and/or occupational health
- Ensure OSHA compliance within a HelloFresh/Green Chef Facility including but not limited to: Powered Industrial Trucks (PITs); New Hire safety training & ongoing safety training; Lockout/Tagout, Machine Guarding & Chemical Safety; all necessary recordkeeping & reporting including OSHA 300 Logs
- Assist management team during accident or injury investigations & root cause analysis
- Act as the management teams subject matter expert for safety & security questions
- Ensure visibility of HSE initiatives at the site level (Behavior Safety, Safe Work Permit process, Safety Observations, Near Miss, etc) to all levels of operations management & recommend improvements in effectiveness. Assist with any OSHA inspections, visits or investigations including recordkeeping & OSHA investigations
- Demonstrate sound judgement based on observations & evaluation, by site, to determine safety meeting effectiveness & appropriate level of mentoring for safety meeting facilitators. Chair our Safety Committee & lead our committee in improving building conditions & work practices
- Collect & analyze data to identify safety or injury trends & develop corrective actions
- Ensure contractors & visitors follow HelloFresh safety policies during their time on-site
- Assist with the site emergency action plan & liaison with local first responders when needed
- Conduct a Job Safety Analysis (JSA) of all routine & non-routine tasks performed on-site
- Promote safer forklift operations through training, observation & coaching operators
- Develop training materials including toolbox talks, standard operating procedures (SOPs) & others
- Manage the relationship with site security & ensures security services are being provided for each DC
- Assist with inventory shrinkage & other deliberate damage/product theft investigations as needed
- Support other departments including quality, food safety, production & logistics as needed
- Use continuous improvement principles to identify ways to improve our processes & results
- Partner: you effectively listen, build rapport & communicate at all levels; youre confident sharing ideas & are a trusted advisor for work workplace safety
- Results-driven: you recognize & resolve situations that are ambiguous or challenging, focus effort on meeting or exceeding goals, & pave the way for efficiency.
- Programmatic: able to identify the system component that is causing the error, as well as the options available for resolving it & completing the task.
- Inspirational: you know how to make an impact & deliver presentations that inspire & influence change
- Versatile: you roll with the punches & dont get overwhelmed easily; you enjoy grinding away at issues & have a knack for driving results in hyper-growth, constantly changing environments
- Minimum of 3-5 year of supervisory experience managing safety programs required
- Bachelors degree in Safety, Occupational Health, or Environmental Health & Safety preferred; will consider high school diploma with 5+ years EHS experience
- Preferred Safety Certification: CSP, ASP, OHST, etc.
- Expertise in OSHA compliance, especially with powered industrial trucks, lockout/tagout, strain & sprain prevention, & equipment automation..
- Superior communication & presentation skills with ability to influence across all levels of an organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point) & Google app (Gmail, drive, sheets, etc.)
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy, as well as paid holidays off
- $0 monthly premium & other flexible health plans
- Amazing discounts, including up to 75% off HelloFresh subscription
- Flexible shift scheduling & advancement opportunities
- Emergency child & adult care services
- Snacks & monthly catered lunches
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.