Our company culture is built on collaboration & innovation. You will partner with sharp, motivated teammates looking to disrupt a massive industry (or two). Through cross-functional initiatives, we interact with both front-facing SpaceMakers & internal teams to build the best platform to store & move what our customers cherish most.
This is MakeSpace.
Our goal is to equip you with the skills you need to be successful from the get-go. You will join with others in your class in a two-week training program with professional trainers that have catered to helping you absorb how we do customer service. You will gain the support & tools you need for each customer communication channel & have fun doing it.
Day in the life:
- Provide spectacular service across multiple channels, while bringing joy to the traditionally painful & annoying storage process
- Work closely with warehousing & logistics ops teams to support our expanding customer base
- Improve the customer experience to capture & relay relevant customer feedback & insights to internal teams such as operations, tech, marketing, & product
- Able to work one weekend day on either a Sunday-Thursday or Tuesday-Saturday shift
- Previous customer service & data entry experience is strongly preferred
- Excellent time management - you have strong organizational & critical thinking skills & are able to juggle multiple platforms & issues at once, often under tight deadlines
- Amazing written & verbal skills - youre able to articulate yourself in a clear & concise manner
- Empathy - youre able to listen to customer issues & diffuse escalating situations
- Strong attention to detail - always working on behalf of the customer's best interest, ensuring nothing falls through the cracks
This role is based in our New York, NY office (remote thru 2021) & reports to the Customer Support East Regional Manager. Team members will be expected to return to the office as soon as directed in 2022 but this position will be onboarded remotely.
Salary: $40,000 per year
- Flexible remote work options & a home office budget
- Fully-paid healthcare options for individuals & inexpensive premium plans for families
- Dental & Vision insurance plans
- Bi-weekly paid salary with 401(k) matching after one year
- Three weeks PTO for the first year
- ERGs (Employee Resource Groups) for LGBTQ+, Women, & parents
- Paid volunteer opportunities
- Competitive new parent leave
- Remote weekly happy hours, monthly events, & social clubs
- Free storage to help you makespace
Ignite your career here, learn from thoughtful leadership in how to approach complicated problems & take on more responsibility within your first year. After training completes, you will have access to our internal internship program to see what other divisions within the organization are working on.
If this sounds like you then let us knowjoin a tech company that makes a concrete impact on the physical world every day!
We are an equal opportunity employer & value a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds at our company. We are dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, or national origin.