Company Description|Job Description
Based in Montreal, Behaviour Interactive is one of the largest independent game developers in North America. Anchored in the industry for more than 25 years now, its success is characterized by its versatility to create games based on leading brands, but also original IP's across all major platforms. Behaviour is a Canadian company with an entrepreneurial culture that promotes opportunities & personal development at the same time that giving their employees the feeling of making a difference.
The Economic Game Designer must be highly creative & work closely with the production team to define monetization strategies & implementation methods while staying on top of the most current industry trends.
- Defining the monetization strategy with the development team, & designing an economic model that brings value to the players;
- Planning player's progression at different game's stages (soft launch, launch, updates), identify key moments of the game for potential sales;
- Balancing virtual products, player's progression, currencies sinks & sources;
- Analyze metrics & suggest improvements to the development & live team;
- Suggest improvements of the gameplay loops from a free-to-play perspective;
- Create design documents related to the economy that targets to improve acquisition, retention, & monetization.
- Studies in economic design or equivalent;
- Know Free-to play gaming, including the latest innovations & trends;
- Strong ability to balance complex game economic systems;
- Comfortable with monetization, retention, & virality concepts;
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel simulations & predictive calculations (analytical competencies & data modeling);
- Strong capacity for communicating ideas & abstract concepts & for deductive logic;
- Familiar with Agile production;
- Able to communicate knowledge & ideas with team members;
- Continuous analysis of current strategies & ability to propose of new ways to optimize/maximize game revenue;
- Able to plan for soft launch & live operation needs (prior experience with Live Ops);
- Knowledge of analytics software (funnels, segmentation, etc.) such as Tableau, Mixpanel, Swrve, or equivalents;
- Able to analyze data analytics & adjust game concepts & the economy balance to maximize retention, monetization, & virality;
- Highly creative;
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills;
- Passionate about games & the Free-to-Play market;
- Fluent in English & French;
- Rigorous, curious, & effective;
- Organized & autonomous.
- Experience with Unity 3D.
- Knowledge of Excel VBA & macros.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This internship is for Summer 2019.