BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
BuzzFeed is looking for a highly creative, versatile, jack-of-all-trades content producer to plan & execute digital content campaigns promoting BuzzFeeds film & television projects. BuzzFeed Studios is producing countless film & tv projects across narrative features, scripted, unscripted series & standalone documentary. The Content Marketing Lead will be responsible for making sure the BuzzFeed audience knows about those projects & is excited to watch them! The Content Marketing Lead will collaborate with filmmakers, other creative producers across departments at BuzzFeed, & also clients from tv networks & film studios. Between marketing campaigns, the Content Lead will also support the Film & TV Development teams working across our slate, in reviewing scripts, developing formats & packaging projects with talent.
- Build strong, visual pitch decks to communicate your ideas to studios & filmmakers.
- Pitch & execute written & video marketing/promotional content in support of BuzzFeed Studios film & television projects.
- Have advanced skills in writing, lighting, shooting & editing, in tight timelines, often independently. (Advanced at: DSLR cameras, Premiere edit suite, Adobe creative programs)
- Have a deep understanding of the social platforms, their audiences, & the content that works on them.
- Develop a deep understanding of BuzzFeeds branded content products & processes.
- Develop an understanding of paid media distribution, products & processes.
- Liaise with editorial & social teams to understand trends & successful content frames.
- Be able to deliver a volume of high quality work, independently, on schedule & within budget.
- Be a strong communicator, able to represent BuzzFeed Studios from a creative marketing POV both internally & externally.
- Support the coordination & logistical arrangements of getting freelance videographers & photographers to filming locations & events.
- Be comfortable working with high profile talent to get content made.
- Help identify internetty moments with potential for virality in scripts & bring them to life.
- Able to assist in film & television development, covering scripts, elevating concepts & packaging projects.
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- A love for internet content across video & written formats
- A passion for film & tv, a deep understanding of social platforms
- Advanced skills in pitching, writing, shooting & editing digital content independently
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.