Company Description|Job Description
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
We believe conquering cancer is a big data problem. That's why we built the world's leading comprehensive liquid biopsy. This non-invasive tool for accessing & sequencing tumor DNA is used by thousands of oncologists to help tens of thousands of advanced cancer patients. We believe the boom in cancer data acquisition we helped launch will drive important discoveries & new products. We're working on some exciting ones, including in early detection, where the impact on patients can be profound. We've raised more than $500 million from investors including Sequoia Capital, Khosla Ventures, OrbiMed, & SoftBank.
AtGuardantHealth, we leverage the most advanced technologies & work with leaders in many different fields to create the most impactful methods of cancer management.Guardant's IT Platform team builds & operates the technology backbone of the company.
To facilitateGuardantHealth's fast growth in the next few years, the IT Platform team is looking for a strong technical leader / manager who can prepare the company's IT & DevOps/SRE infrastructure & operation for an aggressive long term growth.
The Senior Infrastructure Engineer will be responsible for corporate IT infrastructure, a scalable data storage that holds PBs of genomics data, high performance compute clusters that run bioinformatics pipeline in production & R&D environments, & the software infrastructure that hosts an ecosystem of services for internal data processing & external data integration.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Build & drive technology for IT & DevOps, including network, data centers, cloud infrastructure, end-user apps & services, software CI/CD.
- Manage multiple HPC clusters & distributed file systems.
- Own end to end troubleshooting of the production system stack down to source code level e.g. shell scripts, python & others.
- Maintains, monitors, & supports the infrastructure environment and/or facilities.
- Develops enhanced production monitoring & additional capability.
- Defines improvements increased system reliability & performance.
- Supports multiple systems or applications of medium to highly complex (complexity defined by size, technology used, & system feeds & interfaces)
You enjoy an agile, very fast paced & highly technical environment. You are a self-driven technology leader who delivers a continuous stream of business value to make his 100x improvement vision a reality. You are dedicated to engineering excellence yet pragmatic enough to balance quality principles, regulatory compliance & business needs. you help your engineers in design, implementation & troubleshooting hardware & software components.You have the ability to maintain the day to day support SLA while running various key projects that move the business forward.
- Scaling & operating IT in an enterprise setup: technology investment/portfolio management, risk management, ITIL, service management, desktop support
- 10+ years of Linux/Unix administration, solid knowledge of Unix network protocols, TCP/IP network fundamentals, core infrastructure technologies & virtualization
- 3+ years of large scale data storage & compute clusters (HPC) infrastructure
- 5+ years of developing & operating on-premise & cloud-based (AWS & Azure) data-centers
- 3+ years of building software release & ops processes & automation toolset
- 3+ years of managing engineering & operation teams
- Operating infrastructure compliant with HIPAA & SOX standards
- Managing department budgets & relationships with vendors
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies & use office equipment.Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, & biohazard material in the laboratory environment.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.