Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper is currently seeking a top-tier candidate to join its Financial Planning & Analysis team in New York. In this role you will work directly with the Vice President of Finance Planning & Analysis & support groups across the organization. You will drive process improvements, serve as a true strategic partner to the business, & help elevate the FP&A team to a higher level of operational excellence. You will support annual budgeting, monthly reporting, strategic projects & ad hoc analysis. The right candidate will have a meticulous nature & an attention to detail, coupled with an ability to assess the big picture & concisely tell Caspers story through the numbers.
Casper (casper.com) was created to re-imagine sleep from the ground up, beginning with its obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress. All of Caspers sleep products including its pillow, bedding, & furniture are developed in-house by the companys award-winning R&D team in San Francisco. Casper was named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in the World & its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse & inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When youre not catching zzzs, this is what youll do
- Partner with your departments to monthly financial reporting, variance analysis, & financial analysis to optimize ongoing processes & evaluate the viability of strategic initiatives.
- Coordinate the annual budget & reforecasts between finance & your business partners, facilitating cross functional collaboration to ensure the budget supports Caspers strategic plan
- Support on reporting to leadership, the board and, delivering the relevant financial information, analysis & context in a clear & concise manner to frame & facilitate management discussions
- Support strategic projects including 5 year strategic planning, fundraising efforts, potential partnerships or M&A activity, & investor relations
- Create & maintain detailed forecasting models & reports using our financial modeling & reporting tool, Adaptive, in order to support short-term & long-term strategic planning
Our dream candidate
- Bachelor's Degree from a leading institution with exceptional academic record
- 3-5 years of experience in a financial role including investment banking, management consulting, accounting or financial planning & analysis
- Strong Excel skills, experience with financial modeling & a solid base in accounting & finance
- Excellent communication & presentation skills, both verbal & written
- Team player possessing a strong work ethic & drive for results
- Ability to manage multiple projects & priorities on a simultaneous basis
- Experience with JD Edwards & Adaptive a plus, but not required
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, & equity so that youre part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, & dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you can still spend money later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy & fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if youre feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!