Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is looking for a Director as part of our Global Messaging Exchange. This person will build & lead a team of Account Executives that will have revenue & profit responsibility for our largest customers. This team will support highly analytical & consultative sales to large enterprises. This role is highly cross functional, with deep integration across product management, finance, carrier relations & sales.
- 10+ years of combined experience in major account or strategic sales, managing or leading quantitative, highly analytical products or services with at least 5 years in management or leadership
- 5+ years of experience building & leading high performing teams of individuals that combine major account sales & deep analytics
- Experience with managing a P&L, financial modeling & forecasting is critically important
- Experience in setting priorities, managing forecasting, & can support fiscal planning & revenue tracking for a business
- Comfortable working with business & highly technical leaders, while influencing their understanding & building supportive partnerships
- Record of delivering market driven results, especially to scale & enterprise customers
- Familiarity with matrixed sales models, working in partnership with relationship management, customer success & technical support teams
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent years of experience
- Domain expertise from a highly quant industry such as advertising optimization, investment banking, security or commodity trading especially in non-standard segments
- Software, SaaS, CPaas or PaaS experience
As a Sr. Director of Sales Messaging Exchange, you will live the Twilio Magic by:
- Be An Owner: Develop, drive, & communicate our revenue management sales strategy, results & opportunities to peers & senior executives
- Dont Settle: Hire & lead an A-team of business development specialists to deliver optimized margin & gross profit results every period
- Wear the Customers Shoes: Partner closely with other sales teams to identify new revenue opportunities within our largest Strategic Accounts
- Empower Others: Serve on a cross-functional go-to-market team with representatives from partners, services, sales ops, marketing, support & more
- Be inclusive: Collaborate with your team & internal cross-functional sales, marketing & product teams
- Be Bold: Interface with all levels of the target organizations, including product, procurement, IT architects, developers & senior executives
- Work with strategic customers to ensure our post-sales teams are driving their success through delivery & ongoing support
- Ruthlessly Prioritize: Run a disciplined forecast, consistently overachieve on goals, & present guidance to executive management
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. The Global Sales team plays an integral role in building out our customer base & bringing Twilio to developers, non-profits & enterprises to make an impact on their consumer engagement.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems & creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position could be located in either our San Francisco, CA or NYC, NY office. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, ergonomic desks, massages, bi-weekly All Hands & more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work & home life, we know this is a marathon not a sprint; that builds an inclusive culture where we want all of our people to be comfortable & thrive. We seek out people who live by our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl & not be beholden to one playbook.