WHO WE'RE SNIFFIN' FOR:
Our Sourcing team is looking to expand the department with the addition of a Sourcing Manager for Consumables. The Sourcing Manager will help shape & grow the Consumables side of the department, working closely with the VP of Sourcing on product development, manufacturer selection, packaging/labeling requirements & food safety & quality. This individual must have a passion for all things nutrition to ensure were sourcing from the best possible partners with the best of the best ingredients for our pups!
- Own the front end of the supply chain for consumables, working cross functionally with Logistics & Fulfillment
- Drive the product development process, providing support to packaging developments
- Evaluate current supplier base, & make necessary changes in order to meet the needs of company growth & vision
- Negotiate costing & lead times with suppliers on a regular basis
- Handle all consumables allocation across the companys multiple business lines
- Ensure vendors adhere to compliance manuals & supplier agreements
- Gather & maintain continual knowledge regarding supply & industry dynamics in the pet consumables space
- 3 to 5 years of experience in the sourcing of food/consumables
- Extensive background in domestic supply chain management in the food category
- Strong understanding of QC/QA process for consumables, including experience working with third party manufacturers
- Analytical & data-driven
- Creative problem solver
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Entrepreneurial & flexible mindset, thrives in a fast paced & collaborative environment
- Must love dogs!
This position is a full-time, salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in Manhattan, NY. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, & a dog to pet anytime you wish.