We are looking for a passionate engineering leader to join the Listing Applications team at Compass. Our goal is to build products to display, create & edit all the worlds real estate data. We build the applications around the core of the Compass real data platform with high requirements around performance & SEO. The team charter includes having best in class inventory breath of selection, depth of information & freshness.
As a Senior Engineering Manager at Compass, you will lead an engineering team to build state of the art technology that empowers people to make smarter real estate decisions. You will work closely with our product team to bring our technology vision to life for both agents & consumers. You will use your strong technical skills to mentor team members & drive engineering excellence. You find immense value in the success of your team, emphasizing collaboration & facilitating continuous learning & improvement for the team & its members. You believe in continuously improving operational processes & procedures.
At Compass You Will:
- Be a subject matter expert in relevant technology & product domains
- Lead & mentor engineers & tech leads
- Lead the effort in developing & launching multiple new products, & maintaining & improving existing products
- Contribute technically to projects
- Contribute to creating an excellent work environment & engineering culture
- Contribute to building top quality engineering teams & technology practices
- Assist in designing, developing, shipping, & maintaining mobile experiences across platforms
What We Look For:
- 5+ years of software engineering experience & 4+ years of management experience
- A highly technical, hands-on developer & an effective people manager with experience directly leading teams
- Experience in designing, developing, & maintaining modern web & mobile applications optimized for performance & SEO
- Proven track record of agile management with multiple engineering teams & products
- Excellent communication skills, utilized to collaborate both within Engineering & across all functions of the company to drive engineering initiatives
- Excellent mentoring & review skills to help engineers make technical & career progress
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience, MS/PhD preferred
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.
Check out ourEngineering blog!