Were looking for anExchange Analystto join our Product & Engineering Analytics team in Toronto. In this role, you will help support our technical teams in many different aspects, ranging from very niche & technical releases to high level & platform wide investigations. You will work alongside our Product, Engineering, Infrastructure & IT teams while helping these stakeholders & the company arrive at data driven conclusions & more importantly decisions.
Heres what we want:
- Critical thinker: Logical, concise ideas around projects with a strong sense of urgency, understanding the larger story behind each release/product.
- Problem solver: Experience working with teams & collaborating across groups to achieve desired results.
- Independent: Comfort with ambiguity & self-starter with an aptitude for defining new processes. Resourceful.
- Passionate: You are curious & love experimenting with different approaches to find the most efficient solution to a problem.
- Storyteller: You can find & tell a story when looking at numbers & graphs
- Experienced: Minimum 1-2 years working experience; 0-1 years in programmatic advertising preferred.
Heres what youll be doing:
- Support IXs product roadmap by monitoring all changes product/engineering is introducing to the platform, big & small
- Analyze data points across large data sets (billions of rows) & draw logical conclusions around the impact of individual releases/features while evaluating the impact on IXs overall activity
- Assist various internal teams with identifying key metrics & develop relevant tools to help with their tracking
- Acquire, filter, clean, & transform data
- Analyze, explore, & interpret data using statistical techniques
- Design & build dashboards to quantify & monitor releases & initiatives
- Investigate ideas & develop hypotheses testing frameworks
- Produce data-driven case studies as required
- Provide comprehensive summaries on analysis/releases/outcomes to key stakeholders
Experience, useful skills & background:
You may or may not tick off every box, & thats ok. Each person brings a different background & different skillset. If you think you are a good match for what we are looking for, tell us why!
- Bachelor/Master degree in Commerce, Math, Statistics or related discipline
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of ETL processes, & business intelligence reporting tools such as Domo, Grafana
- Knowledge of Python/SQL for functions like data collection, analysis, visualization, automation considered a plus but not required
- Familiarity with creating & interpreting visualizations with BI tools like Domo & Grafana
- Ability to break down complicated topics into simple concepts
- Background in AdTech or knowledge of the AdTech landscape is a bonus
Why youll love working here:
Located in the heart of Downtown Toronto at 1 University Ave., right across from Union Station! Centrally located & many perks such as:
- Our offices speak to who we are: no walls or cubicles - wide-open spaces where we can freely communicate & collaborate
- We offer free snacks & drinks as well as catered lunches on Fridays
- We have flexible hours & we do not have a dress code
- Paid vacation, unlimited sick days, & 5% RRSP matching
- 100% company paid comprehensive medical, dental & paramedical plan
- Flexible health spending account
- Generous & flexible annual wellness subsidy for gym memberships & classes
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYAt Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunity. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification - diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, & humility - IX will welcome you.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIESIndex Exchange is committed to working with & providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 & the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment & selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email@example.com call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation)