Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed & disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the worlds first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Weve pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories & home decor from over 650 designer partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times. RTR has five retail stores of the future, 11 million community members & employs nearly 1,800 people, all of whom have equal benefits across the organization, 93% of whom are female and/or non-white, with 80% of leaders who are women
About the Job:
The Director of Asset Protection & Inventory Control is responsible for innovation, strategic development & successful operations of Rent The Runways network wide profit protection initiatives including but not limited to total loss improvement, protecting all company assets (buildings, equipment, inventory), physical security measures, investigations, inventory control programs, business continuity & security disciplines. They provide operational & strategic oversight within each of its functions to prevent, minimize, and/or recover losses when they occur. The Director of Asset Protection & Inventory Control is a servant leader; dive in, roll up your sleeves to help in any situation, make tools available, remove obstacles for associates to excel in their roles, have empathy & compassion for associates, & the passion & leadership to stand up for them when the time arises.
What Youll Do:
- Identify, design & implement loss prevention & inventory control programs & security best practices that align with company values & strategic imperatives
- Establish high level of shortage awareness & effectiveness determined by audit results; work with retail, transportation partners & fulfillment center teams to ensure all policies & procedures are thoroughly understood & in compliance
- Collaborate with site leaders on network investigation, business continuity, & security strategies & drives consensus on tactical execution, response & reporting
- Establish business continuity & incident response providing guidance, counsel & reporting related to inventory & building/network security to & for business resilience during emergency incidents
- Responsible for the execution of security investigations, security initiatives & company event security within retail & the supply chain network
- Develop, recommend, & manage expense & capital budgets for Asset Protection vertical
- Identify, recommend, & implement new processes, reporting, hardware, & software improvements related to security systems & innovative technology
- Manage loss prevention vendor partner relationships including third party guard service program
- Maintain strong working knowledge of all processes & policies
- Actively lead with safety, production, cost & quality at the forefront of all decision making
- Establish & meet KPIs
- Track & report on metrics which are KPIs
- Build strong teams & create programs/plans to improve all metrics across departments
- Lead, mentor, train & develop a team of both direct & indirect reports through clear & effective communication
- Manage & maintain an operating budget & hit cost reduction goals
- Ownership & accountability for teams daily decision making & execution
- Be patient, have strong communication skills & the capability to coach & develop leaders (eg. daily real time feedback)
- Communicate across all levels of the operation
- Develop, lead & direct change
- Be comfortable speaking in front of groups of all sizes including executive leadership
- B.S. degree in business administration or related field; MBA is a plus
- 8 to 12 years of related experience working in security services, loss prevention, asset protection, audit, risk management, inventory control, quality assurance, or other related field
- Experience in a warehouse and/or retail environment
- 7 to 10 years experience leading & developing people & teams
- Familiarity with security equipment such as intrusion detection devices, access control systems, etc.
- Experience with interviewing & interrogation; Wicklander-Zulawski certification is a plus
- Experience with Kaizen & Lean Manufacturing techniques
- Leader of leaders
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills (eg. spreadsheet software, powerpoint/slides), as well as the ability to operate warehouse tools (eg. scanner, ladder, warehouse software)
- Ability to quickly recognize, diagnose & solve for challenges & workflow for teams & leadership
- High level of confidentiality
- Strong planning & organizational skills
- Forward-thinker, with keen analytic skills & the the ability to articulate point of view, develop systems/plans, & improve processes across the organization
- Ability to establish effective relationships across the organization & partner to navigate complex situations
- Strong written & verbal communication skills with the ability to influence leaders & effectively negotiate with internal & external business partners
- Experience managing budgets with the ability to evaluate financial & business indicators & translate data into actionable information to drive results
- Have a positive, can-do attitude & excellent interpersonal skills
- Must operate with a sense of urgency & have attention to detail
- Align with the company's Core Values to ensure a world class customer experience
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
Rent the Runway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rent the Runway does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, & business need