Sales Development Representative
Position Description:Oktas Technical Sales Development Representative will strategically partner with internal sources such as Sales Engineering & Marketing to fuel Oktas growth by driving interest & demand in our customer identity products
Ideal candidates are eager to demonstrate their ability to be driven self-starters & are looking to accelerate a career along the technical sales or sales engineer trajectory. Well provide tools, sales & technical training, & mentorship to advance your technical career - youll bring a willingness to learn, passion for high-tech sales engineering, & a positive attitude.
As part of this team at Okta, you will hone your technical as well as interpersonal sales skills by advising a diverse set of leads evaluating an Okta trial on what is possible with our platform.
Oktas culture is built on our vision, people & values; to enable any company to adopt any technology anywhere.
- Qualify, follow up, educate, & develop a substantial volume of Okta trial evaluators to become successful in their projects as well as build the demand for Okta
- Generate sales-ready meetings & opportunities for Account Executives using Oktas qualification criteria
- Mentor the wider team (SDRs & BDRs) from a technical perspective, assisting with more technical questions that come through our developer marketing programs & our website chat tool
- Support the Sales & Sales Engineering team in helping customers understand what they can achieve with Oktas platform
- Understand customer requirements & communicate the business value of solving technology problems using Oktas product set
- Work closely with the Marketing team to drive continuous improvement in lead quality, conversion rates, & pipeline generation
- Either a bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a comparable field, have completed a Developer bootcamp, or has some equivalent technical experience
- An ability to quickly communicate complex ideas around a technical topic, ideally on the fly
- Confidence dispensing knowledge to a highly skilled & experienced audience
- Exude empathy & show a genuine desire to help technical users be successful in their jobs
- Understanding of core security concerns within a typical application (password hashing, SSL/TLS, encryption at rest, XSS, XSRF)
- Elite communication skills
- Highly motivated, driven & self-starting
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.