Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
The Mailchimp internship program started in 2013. In the past 7 years, weve had the privilege of bringing in some of the brightest, most talented college students from around the country to spend time with our teams. Our 12 week internship program was designed so that interns can grow their skill set, thrive in the Mailchimp community, & do meaningful work. They also have a lot of fun along the way!
Start Dates: May 17th or June 7th
Were looking for a Corporate Communications Intern to support our team, assisting with multiple cross-departmental communication projects & performing some administrative functions. The role requires strong writing & communications skills, the ability to prioritize & manage multiple tasks at any given time, outstanding organizational & research skills, keen attention to detail, & a willingness to learn.
The ideal candidate will be eager to support a variety of communications projects including media & PR opportunities, researching & reporting, & writing & editing. You should expect to submit a portfolio of writing samples/relevant work if selected for an interview.
What youll do:
Additional responsibilities will include supporting internal & external communications projects, such as:
- Supporting the customer vetting process & outreach for PR opportunities
- Researching & submitting for awards & recognition
- Supporting Mailchimps Speaker Network by vetting speaking opportunities, coordinating conference talk requests, maintaining a database of talks & speakers
- Media monitoring & reporting
- Assisting with various media & PR opportunities (researching & reading, pitching media, preparing media background materials, PR launches)
- Organizing & managing content & resources needed by the Communications team
Wed love to hear from you if you have:
- Previous communications or PR experience preferred
- Strong writing & editing skills
- Strong interest in research & analysis
- Strong understanding of media landscape
- Self-starter with experience in fast-paced, deadline-driven environments
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.