Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products & content that inspire people to get away more. In support of our mission, we are seeking a Senior Technical Talent Acquisition Partner to join our People & Culture team.
Want to help us transform the travel experience? The ideal candidate will have had experience in full-cycle recruiting, be detail-oriented, and have an understanding of technical corporate positions. You will report to our Director of Talent Acquisition based in our New York City office (fully remote until Spring 2022).
As a company that values diversity, equity, & inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this opportunity. Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, anti-racism training, & bias prevention initiatives, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
What You'll Do:
- Manage full-cycle recruiting processes for the engineering, web development & IT departments as well as additional technical roles throughout the Corporate organization, including but not limited to: kick-off meetings, sourcing, resume review, phone screens, structured interviews, reference checks & delivering offers
- Facilitate & maintain an amazing end-to-end candidate experience
- Maintain owned roles in our applicant tracking system (Greenhouse)
- Manage internal Talent Acquisition & People & Culture workflows
- Implement & enforce consistency with recruiting policies & procedures
- Impeccable attention to detail both in written & verbal communication
- Ensure data consistency across our various internal systems
- Act as a brand ambassador in promoting Away as a great place to work
- Develop & maintain key partnerships with internal hiring managers
- Provide sound judgment & objectivity when weighing needs of the business vs candidate needs
- Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on hiring techniques & sourcing top talent
- Ensure that applicants' knowledge, skills & experience are aligned with our values
- Present to Hiring Managers, & work as liaison between candidates, HMs & HR business partners providing guidance through the interview, offer, & hiring process
- Cultivate deeper understanding of the specific functions you'll be recruiting for throughout the organization
- Developing sourcing plans & innovative search strategies to attract top talent while maintaining & building a network of talent for future opportunities
- Keeping ahead of the curve by networking to expand areas of focus & to identify key industry trends that could be applied to evolve our internal hiring processes
- Gather competitive intelligence & labor market conditions to inform search strategies
- Manage agency relationships & hiring processes as needed for select roles
Who You Are:
- Minimum 5 years of proven experience in a full-cycle recruiting capacity, in-house recruiting for corporate functions preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of IT, Tech or Engineering Recruiting experience
- Proficiency with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS), Greenhouse preferred
- High energy with relationship building skills & the ability to take initiative, prioritize, influence, negotiate & partner cross functionally
- Ability to effectively work with & communicate with senior leadership & Executives
- Customer-service centric approach to Recruiting process
- Proficient with various candidate selection processes (phone interviews, structured interviews, skills & behavioral-based interviews, reference checks, etc.)
- Results driven with the ability to influence others
- Ability to source candidates through a variety of networks & tools
- Self-confident, self-motivated, with sense of personal accountability
- Ability to manage confidential information effectively
- Strong ability to follow process, comply with regulations
- Team player with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced & ever-changing environment
- Passionate about transforming travel (but thats a given!)
- You can show proof of COVID-19 vaccination & adherence to HQ COVID office policies using Bindle, a secure platform that verifies vaccination status without sharing private health information, within 30 days of hire.
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have flexible PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, monthly reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more. You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products & content that inspire people to get away more. The company launched in 2016 with one perfectly designed carry-on & has since expanded to offer an array of luggage & travel essentials built for the modern traveler. Headquartered in New York City, with teams in London & Toronto, Away currently ships products to over 35 countries around the world. Away has been named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies & has been recognized on TIMEs list of Best Inventions. To learn more, visit awaytravel.com.
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture & a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, & sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.