Quick Take: Axios is a digital media company that gets you smarter, faster with news that matters. We're hiring a Science Reporter!
Why it Matters: Axios is looking for a new Science Reporter to help our science coverage, including both reporting & coordinating with our news desk.
Go Deeper: As our Science Reporter, you will be producing Axios Science, our weekly newsletter featuring original reporting & a curated roundup of stories from other outlets. You will also report & write news & enterprise stories for the newsletter & work with news desk editors on daily science coverage.
The Details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for Axios mission & have the following skills:
- Demonstrated ability to report, write & edit a range of science stories & to spot important science stories & trends
- Proven attention to detail on fact checking & copy editing
- Demonstrated interest in news & the evolution of the media industry
- Positive attitude & ability to thrive in high-pressure news environments
- Ability to represent Axios coverage at events & external media
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter & cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, & diverse work culture
- Annual learning & development stipend