What is BlockFi?
BlockFis mission is to provide liquidity, transparency & efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers & corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance & digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
Were a team of builders & strivers, proud to champion financial inclusivity & offer economic opportunities around the globe. We provide the same inclusivity to our team members. BlockFi is a place where diversity is celebrated, individuality is recognized, & every single team member is valued. We are changing the status quo to be the first financial company that people love, & we rely on our people to make it happen!
BlockFi is looking for a Retail Strategy Analyst to join our growing team!
About Your Team
The Retail Strategy & Analytics team works cross-functionally to support BlockFis growth by providing a clear picture of the financial impact of decisions & by making data-driven recommendations to leadership. We are seeking a strategic thinker with analytical experience to join our team.
- Partner with Product, Marketing, & Product Ops teams to bring a financial perspective to decision-making, especially to inform new product decisions, growth strategies, & optimization of our current business
- Structure complex & ambiguous strategic problems to support BlockFi leadership team decision making on key business initiatives
- Create customer-centric views of product performance & refine customer segmentation to highlight the best opportunities to bring value to our clients
- Understand the ever-evolving landscape of crypto globally & use competitive analysis to develop perspectives on the client mindset & overall trends
- Develop insights & recommendations using data analysis for topics such as promotional campaigns, product prioritization, & expansion into new markets
- Perform ad-hoc analyses as well as drive longer-term projects, balancing the two & managing expectations along the way
- Work closely with data engineers / scientists on our Data Infrastructure team to produce analyses, Tableau visualizations & dashboards, & reports on key metrics & trends
- 1-2+ years experience in an analytical role, such as investment banking, private equity, or top-tier consulting
- Thrives in fast-paced, ambiguous environments with equal enthusiasm for solving problems big & small
- A master of spreadsheets (Google Sheets is a plus) with demonstrated skills in modeling & analysis
- Strategic thinker with flexibility to solve problems through various lenses & drive stakeholder alignment
- Structured, clear, & concise communicator, including for complex topics
- Ability to go beyond the data & understand the so what to translate findings into key insights & actionable recommendations through reports, charts, & slides
- Ownership mindset with ability to manage work independently & also know when to ask for help
- Team player that works well cross functionally
- Intellectual curiosity with a desire for continual improvement & learning
- Familiarity with SQL and/or Tableau (or desire to learn) also a plus
We benefit from the great work our employees do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of awesome benefits to help them live their best lives.
- Competitive salary because we value your experience & expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Employer contribution towards health coverage (including vision & dental) because your physical health & well-being is important to us
- Various fringe benefits such as 401k, Parental Leave, FSA/HSA, & Employee Assistance Programs because health coverage is more than just choosing your yearly plan
- Flexible work environment because we are a geographically dispersed team & we believe in balance
- Pet insurance because all of your beloved family members should have coverage too
- Weekly lunch stipend because there is such a thing as a free lunch!
- A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial & driven people to work alongside in a highly meritocratic environment because teamwork makes the dreamwork
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), & the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company's valuation at $3 billion, & our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, & as we expand our product suite & geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services & banking world, & we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth & expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto & are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans & the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets & regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, & C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, & Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments & Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly & have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute & capture customer demand