Who we are & what we do
SurveyMonkey (Nasdaq: SVMK), is a leader in agile software solutions for customer experience, market research, & survey feedback. Our platform empowers more than 20 million active users to analyze & act on feedback from employees, customers, website & app users, & market research respondents. SurveyMonkey's products, enterprise solutions, & integrations enable more than 345,000 organizations to deliver better customer experiences, increase employee retention , & unlock growth & innovation. Ultimately, SurveyMonkey's vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices.
More about our Wufoo Team
Our team is creating a next-generation online forms platform. You will work with Wufoo Engineering Managers, Engineering Working Groups, Product Managers, & Designers to define & guide the implementation of engineering solutions. In addition, you will also work to ensure the health & stability of the legacy application & systems that are in use by millions of Wufoo users.
What we're looking for
We are looking for a Staff Software Engineer focusing on backend & frontend systems for the Wufoo engineering team. We're a small & independent team focused on rebuilding one of SurveyMonkey's earliest acquisitions. Our team has the autonomy of a startup while also benefiting from the infrastructure, tooling, process, & design systems of the wider organization, giving us the best of both worlds!
- Author, review, approve, & implement technical requirements & designs
- Contribute & guides architectural decisions & approaches
- Assist & mentor engineers in the design, build, scaling, & monitoring of our next generation online forms service
- Provide technical leadership & mentorship for our engineers
- Help analyze, diagnose, & create engineering processes that help us focus on core values of customer centricity, agile releases, developer productivity, & quality
- 12+ years of professional programming experience shipping quality code
- Excellent command of web standards, API design, & systems architecture
- Expertise in developing & deploying at-scale modern web applications
- Expertise in Python & ReactJS (required)
- Expertise in PHP is a plus (desired)
- Experience in Cloud SaaS applications & architecture
- Passion to promote best practices & engineering standards to the team, to lead adoption of new technologies, & to mentor other developers
- Experienced in both driving green-field developments as well as maintaining legacy systems
- Experienced in agile, test-driven development, builds, & frequent deployments
- Enthusiasm for doing code reviews & collaborating within & across teams, & troubleshooting issues
- Strong lateral-thinking & cross-disciplinary experience
What we offer our employees
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By advocating inclusion into our processes, policies, & culture for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, & APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can excel. We've won multiple awards & received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental & bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, & Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work & FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 & 2019, & we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC's Disruptor 50 & the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, & inclusion efforts here.