Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, & team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, & New York serve more than 200,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, & it starts right here at Gusto. Thats why were committed to building a collaborative & inclusive workplace, both physically & virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy. Check out what it is like to Work with Gusto.
Our Segment I&O team is looking for a strategic, talented program manager to play a key role in acquisition activity that will accelerate our product & technology roadmap at Gusto. You will work at the intersection of product strategy, business operations, & go-to-market issues, paving a path to success for our acquisition targets. Youll join a world-class Insights & Operations team, balancing strategy, operations, & special projects to create a world where work empowers a better life.
You have strong business acumen from a foundation in finance, operations, consulting, and/or program management. Your insights will enable us to 1) understand, diagnose & prepare for key strategy & operations hurdles to address ahead of each merger, 2) integrate new capabilities & leverage existing ones successfully & 3) internally, spearhead right-sized operations to track & improve execution.
Well count on you to dive deep to solve our hardest business problems -- from diagnosing integration risk areas to devising strategies to capture value to flexing into gnarly people issues with our cross-functional partners. You will work across functions, including Product, Engineering, Design, Finance, Data Science, Revenue, Customer Experience teams & more to better understand friction points in our business, solve them, & build a best-in-class integration. You will also zoom out broadly, deeply understanding the market & product strategy for Gusto & reflecting that back to leadership for roadmap decision-making.
Does this sound like you? Read on!
Heres what youll do:
- Insights & Strategy
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive strategy, build business cases, implement operational processes, & enable Gusto to integrate new acquisition targets effectively, improving how we work along the way
- Provide input to our build, buy, partner strategy, & future deal & integration hypotheses.
- Due to the fast growing nature of Gusto, there are a lot of new fun problems to solve. Youll help us do this with new companies we evaluate for acquisition, in close partnership with Finance, Corp Dev, People, I&O teams & more
- Program Management & Operations
- Build a best-in-class integration playbook: articulate integration theses, build the integration plan, tackle priorities with a broad set of stakeholders
- As deal flow changes, work with Corp Dev, Legal & deal teams to modulate project plans, priorities & stakeholders
- Influence internal stakeholders to achieve outsized results
- Document lessons learned from each acquisition process, from deal execution to integration plan design
- Pitch in to solve strategic considerations & issues you discover - help us learn & scale.
Heres what were looking for:
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in analytical, operating roles at growing startups, product or biz ops roles, and/or finance, consulting with business problem solving training
- 2+ years of experience sourcing, executing, and/or integrating mergers, divestitures, or acquisitions
- Leaders who deeply understand the art & science of program management & business operations. No one is more organized, & juggling multiple work streams energizes you
- Communications expert: youre comfortable developing & delivering verbal, written comms & messaging tailored for your audience - internal, external, executive, or peer
- Proven process improvement experience & love making things more efficient - arranging tough problems into digestible pieces is intuitive to you
- Grit, hustle, & ability to flex into problems at all altitudes - you collaborate as effectively with engineers as you do with exec leadership, expertly influencing outcomes at all levels within the organization
- Deep empathy & obsession for our small business customers
- A deep passion for helping people
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $152,000 to $192,000 for San Francisco & New York & $129,000 to $164,000 per year in Denver & most other locations in the US. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience & expertise & may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life & so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values & our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state & local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.