SoundHound turns sound into understanding & actionable meaning.
We believe in enabling humans to interact with the things around them in the same way we interact with each other: by speaking naturally to mobile phones, cars, TVs, music speakers, coffee machines, & every other part of the emerging 'connected' world. Our latest product, Hound, leverages our Speech-to-Meaning technology to showcase a ground-breaking smartphone experience. Our SoundHound product applies our technology to music, enabling people to discover, explore, & share the music around them, & even find the name of that song stuck in their heads by singing or humming. And through the Houndify platform, we empower developers to be part of the speech-to-meaning revolution.
Mission: Houndify everything.
About the Role:
At SoundHound, we view our data & our engineering team as two of our biggest assets. This role lives at the intersection of the two. We have a huge amount of data from hundreds of millions of users of:
- SoundHound: music app featuring search, discovery, & play with LiveLyrics
- Hound: newly released app featuring unprecedented speech recognition & natural language understanding
- Houndify: platform enabling developers to add voice enabled conversational interface to anything
We aspire to leverage this data to make informed decisions to steer product development, marketing & user engagement. We have only scratched the surface of the kind of advanced analytics & insight generation we'd like to do! This is an opportunity to work on the most challenging data science problems, build large scale distributed machine learning systems from the ground up, & use cutting edge technologies like Spark, Kafka, & Tensorflow.
- Develop high-performance, data-driven systems in a distributed infrastructure
- Build machine learning models for analysis of queries using NLP, Deep Learning
- Develop scalable components for query intent classification, entity detection, dialog understanding, slot filling & domain detection
- Leverage massive datasets for modeling, recommendations, ad targeting & insight generation
- Build & maintain knowledge graph of content from diverse data sources, & perform data mining to serve high volume of requests
- Background & passion for machine learning, AI, and/or statistical modeling
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: classification systems, ranking systems, recommender systems, predictive modeling, and/or artificial intelligence
- Strong coding experience preferably in Java, Scala, or Python
- A desire to bring data-driven decision-making & analytics to improve our products
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
Nice to Haves:
- Prior experience with Natural Language Processing
- Understanding of deep learning algorithms & workflows
- Experience with Deep Learning / Neural Network frameworks such as Caffe, Tensorflow, PyTorch, etc.
- Experience with analytical tools supporting data analysis (eg. Tableau)