Maven is the largest virtual clinic for womens & family health with a mission to improve the health of the world-- one woman, one family at a time. Mavens unique care model enables employers & health plans to improve maternal health outcomes & lower costs, while empowering parents to grow their families while growing their careers. Its platform is global, includes personalized programs across fertility, maternity, & parenting/pediatrics, & offers 24/7 access to Mavens proprietary telemedicine network, the largest in womens health.
Founded in 2014 by CEO Katherine Ryder, Maven was recognized in 2020 as Fast Companys #1 Most Innovative Health Company. Maven has supported over 8 million women & families, & raised $92 million in funding from leading investors like Sequoia Capital, Oak HC/FT Partners, Icon Ventures, & individual strategic investors Reese Witherspoon, Mindy Kaling, Natalie Portman, & Anne Wojcicki.
Maven is looking for an experienced site reliability engineer in our New York City office to work on all things infrastructure, site & system reliability, tooling, deployment, & information security. You will work with a strong cross-functional team of engineers, supporting our infrastructure using tools like Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, & Docker. Prior experience in healthcare settings is a nice-to-have, not a requirement.
As a Site Reliability Engineer at Maven, you will: Hiring Manager to fill in overview of core responsibilities in the role. Job leveling for your team is a great place to pull from for this section.
- Maintain existing infrastructure & systems
- Design new deployment & security strategies
- Work with other engineering & product teams on their infrastructure needs
- Maintain Mavens existing Kubernetes deployment via Google Cloud Platform (GCP) to ensure high levels of availability to our members who rely on access to our healthcare platform
- Empower our developer teams to ship frequently, safely, & quickly
- Work with our engineering teams on broad infrastructure initiatives, like multi-cloud deployments, disaster recovery processes & testing
- Be a key member of our third-party audits & assessments like SOC 2, HITECH, & more
- Debug & resolve issues in our testing & production environments
- Assist deploying new versions of our systems in production (note that we only deploy during regular work hours)
Were looking for you to bring: Hiring Manager to fill in key must have qualifications for the role. Focus on the background & experience that you need someone to bring to this role & your team.
- 3+ years of production-level experience using cloud-based hosting, notably with Google Cloud Platform, AWS, or Azure
- 1+ years of production-level experience with Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, SaltStack, or other infrastructure-as-code tools
- Experience with containerized systems like Docker & Kubernetes
- One or more scripting language (Python, Ruby, Perl, etc)
- Experience with continuous testing & continuous deployment (CI/CD) systems & strategies
- Shell scripting skills (Bash)
- Strong communication skills, written & verbal
Helpful experiences & skills (if you dont have them, you can learn them with us!): HM to fill in nice-to-have experiences, skills, certifications for the candidate
- Experience supporting a healthcare SaaS-type platform
- Experience with various security & compliance frameworks like SOC, HITECH
At Maven we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds & experiences enrich our teams & allow us to achieve above & beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application & how it can be additive to our teams.
Benefits & Perks:
Maven employees are united in their quest to improve the health & well-being of women & their families in our community. We seek to empower all of our team members to fulfill that mission & reach their full potential regardless of function, geography or experience level. Thats why we invest in our employees, who are our most important asset in achieving our mission. To that end, we offer:
- Choice of great medical, dental, & vision insurance plan options, including a plan for which the premium for Mavens is 100% covered by Maven
- Access to the Maven platform service & free Maven appointments for Mavens & generous credits for family & friends
- Free One Medical membership
- 401(k) plan
- Unlimited paid time off
- Monthly stipend for your choice of wellness benefits
- Weekly stipend for a *free* lunch
- One-time stipend to enhance your work from home experience (We will be working remotely until sometime next year!)
- A variety of virtual team events such as musical performances, game nights & happy hours
- 12 weeks parental leave & 2 weeks flexible time upon return
- Annual professional development stipend
- 1 month paid sabbatical after 5 years
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.