Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the worlds first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, RTR has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
Rent The Runway established its European Technology Hub in Galway in April 2019. Based in the historic Claddagh area of the city, the growing team in Galway tackles core technology challenges & influences the next generation of services critical to Rent The Runways success & continued growth.
The Galway office is Rent the Runway's first international office outside the US & enables the company to significantly expand its Software Engineering, Product Development, Machine Learning Engineering & Data Science footprint. Rent The Runways Galway-based employees have the opportunity to grow their careers across several roles & career paths in Technology.
Our engineering team is smart, pragmatic, & entrepreneurial. We practice continuous integration & test-driven development, engage in constant peer code reviews & pair programming, & work hard to give back to the software community through open-source contributions.
About the Role:
We are looking for a software engineer with server-side & some frontend development experience to work on our core RESTful services. Our engineering team uses a microservices style architecture to power our mobile app, our website, & our warehouse technologies. In this role you will work on both new product features & technical enhancements as we believe in building for the future to enable performance & scaling. Youll be part of the team that owns our rapidly evolving reservation system, & with it our customer promise.
What Youll Do:
- Participate in all aspects of agile software development including design, implementation, & deployment
- Develop clean, testable, scalable systems using Java, Kotlin, ReactJS, Dropwizard, SpringBoot, RabbitMQ, MySQL, MongoDb, Redis, Splunk, & various other open-source technologies.
- Deliver software on a sustainable schedule that keeps work-life balance in mind
- Find architectural improvements to enable rapid growth in traffic & order volumes while continuously improving developer productivity
- Work with business stakeholders to identify software solutions to business challenges
- Mentor & learn from your teammates & foster an inclusive, empowering team dynamic
- You have a degree in computer science, software engineering or 5+ years of coding experience in Java with a practical understanding of OO design principles.
- You have extensive Java skills or any prior SpringBoot, RabbitMQ, MySQL, MongoDB & React are a plus
- Youve shipped multiple large software projects & learned from the experiences
- You're able to learn new tools & technologies quickly
- You have experience working as part of an Agile software development team
- You're able to manage your time & juggle competing priorities
- You have exceptional communication skills
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee on any legally-recognised basis, including, but not limited to: gender, marital status, family status, age disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, & membership of the Traveller community.