Zola is seeking a Director of Product to join our Core Experience! Our vision for this team is to help couples throughout their wedding planning journey - from engagement to after the wedding - within our native mobile apps & web experience.
As a Director of Product, your ultimate responsibility is to lead the building & delivery of the Core product roadmap; to do so, you will need to be able to take big business goals & translate those into an actionable & growth-oriented plan. You must be comfortable operating in gray areas, & able to create the structure that ultimately provides direction for the broader cross-functional team. This person is a structured thinker when it comes to prioritization, & ensures that across the board, the Commerce team is working on the projects that will drive the highest impact for both the business & the user.
This person is equally comfortable as a product leader & an individual contributor. The ideal candidate can rally a team around the product vision, & then work side by side with that team to drive this vision to fruition. This person is energized by the growth of others, & takes pride in the mentorship they provide.
The successful candidate should be equally comfortable talking tech with developers, brand positioning with marketing & conversion funnel metrics with the exec team. Youre a problem solver & have a proven ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams & manage multiple projects at the same time. This person keeps a constant eye on processes, ensuring that they are consistently evolving to best support the needs of the team & the business.
Were looking for someone who can both sweat the details & tie them back to the big picture. The ideal candidate isnt scared to get their hands dirty, no matter how big the project or how small the task. Youll obsess over A/B testing different experiences & determining the optimal rollout strategy for a new feature. You have the ability to draw clear connections between defined product vision of a business area to the overall business strategy of the team.
This person is customer-obsessed, & represents the voice of the Zola user at every turn. They bring new, innovative ideas to the table, pushing the boundaries of our site experience. This person speaks data fluently, whether theyre modeling the potential impact of a roadmap candidate or analyzing the results of a series of A/B tests. They prefer a test & learn approach when it comes to product development, & hunt for ways to iterate more heavily.
- Own the roadmap for the Core business, in partnership with General Manager & business team
- Partner with the business to identify key areas for growth in the Core product portfolio
- Define, Analyze & Prioritize those efforts that will drive the highest impact
- Evangelize an iterative approach to product development
- Drive alignment with senior stakeholders & broader team
- Rally others around the product vision for Core
- Lead a team of product managers
- Deeply understand the customer, their needs, pain points, current offerings & think creatively about how to serve them better
- Analysis of user behavior & the success of product tests/launches
- Understanding of technical constraints & knowing where to push the boundaries
- Evaluate competitors & the market for capability-oriented & emerging development & technology trends
- Collaborate closely with Product Design, Engineering & Business to create innovative products & solutions that delight the end customer
- Partner cross functionally to gather requirements & get projects holistically executed
- 7+ years of product management (or similar) experience in a consumer focused startup
- Exceptional technical, business & customer experience judgment
- Creative, scrappy, & customer-obsessed
- Superior written & verbal communication skills; presents effectively to a senior audience
- Excellent quantitative skills
- Deep empathy for the customer & problem solving for them
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize & manage competing tasks in a fast-paced, highly ambiguous environment
- Ability to build business relationships across functional team
We're Zola, the wedding company that will do anything for love. We're reinventing the wedding planning & registry experience to make the happiest moment in our couples lives even happier. From engagement to wedding & decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools & technology all in the service of love.
We built our entire platform from the ground-up in 2013, & quickly became the fastest-growing wedding company in the country. Our team has deep experience creating award-winning online & mobile products that are helpful, intuitive, & simply magical. Were proud to have investor partners including Female Founders Fund, Comcast Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Canvas Ventures, Thrive Capital & Lightspeed Venture Partners, among others.
We are passionate about supporting all forms of love, & were proud of our thriving community of over 1 million couples. We strive to hire a team that is as beautifully diverse as the couples getting married today, & we encourage individuals from every race, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, marital status, religion & perspective to apply. Zola will always be a place where every employee, couple, wedding guest, wedding vendor, & partner will be respected & accepted & valued.
Our headquarters are in NYC, & we have offices in Charlottesville & Montreal. Come work with us!